Wimbush Graduate “Transferring” Are We an Option?

Yeah, I'm looking at all the 2020 recruits committed already. You have to start earlier and earlier with these kids now, so some good transfers could help to bridge a roster transition. However, the school is nitpicky about transfer credits.
2020 guys recruited by the outgoing staff?

If CGC does get Wimbush (having watched probably too much ND, I was never enthralled with Wimbush. Better than Tommy Rees. Probably better than Golson. But that's not an insurmountable bar), doesn't that put him right at 85? If - and that is a big if - there are no defections or transfers out from those who are not graduating, then that means no February signees and no other transfers. Unless Wimbush wants to come aboard as a walk-on.

If CGC does get Wimbush (having watched probably too much ND, I was never enthralled with Wimbush. Better than Tommy Rees. Probably better than Golson. But that's not an insurmountable bar), doesn't that put him right at 85? If - and that is a big if - there are no defections or transfers out from those who are not graduating, then that means no February signees and no other transfers. Unless Wimbush wants to come aboard as a walk-on.
It has been rumored there will be defections after the bowl game (from another poster on this site or another). Coach may already have had those conversations and be basing his numbers off something different than what's known.

Not a big fan of the SR/PG QB one-and-done..... AJ Suggs tried with some degree of success for two years, but Tom Luginbill is the GT Poster Child for not doing this. At least Jim Stevens came in as a highly rated JUCO & Dewberry was the ultimate transfer.

Wimbush would probably be okay, but that's not a very good way to start a program. NATS is hard enough, completely new systems are hard enough to learn, without having a Domer come in thinking his poo is golden. TE's okay. OL/DL okay. But not at the main leadership position - that has to be earned as a position of trust in the huddle.

It has been rumored there will be defections after the bowl game (from another poster on this site or another). Coach may already have had those conversations and be basing his numbers off something different than what's known.
May be why we have a few signing in February. Wanted to keep some open for grad transfers and sign the others after it is clear the defections. I expect a scholarship FG kicker maybe not returning? That was the rumor a month or more ago

Not a big fan of the SR/PG QB one-and-done..... AJ Suggs tried with some degree of success for two years, but Tom Luginbill is the GT Poster Child for not doing this. At least Jim Stevens came in as a highly rated JUCO & Dewberry was the ultimate transfer.

Wimbush would probably be okay, but that's not a very good way to start a program. NATS is hard enough, completely new systems are hard enough to learn, without having a Domer come in thinking his poo is golden. TE's okay. OL/DL okay. But not at the main leadership position - that has to be earned as a position of trust in the huddle.
I tend to agree, but maybe not immediately cast such aspersions at the player, if he has no chance of playing in his current school and could potentially parlay his football prowess into a Master’s degree more power to him.

I tend to agree, but maybe not immediately cast such aspersions at the player, if he has no chance of playing in his current school and could potentially parlay his football prowess into a Master’s degree more power to him.

Wimbush's a Domer, he's transferring because he's upset because he got beat out, and he's a QB. He could be the greatest guy in the world, but coming in he would fully expect to "win" (wink, wink) the position with little or no stress. It has to be earned on the field & in the huddle.

Seen this movie enough times to know how it ends. Justin Fields, e.g., has already gotten blowback from the tOSU locker room & if he does go there, he stands to be there for at least a coupla years.

Let's see what our guys & new coaches can do.

Nobody going to make a play on the pun in the thread title? We're all too butthurt with the CPJ vs. CGC redux part 23?

Nobody going to make a play on the pun in the thread title? We're all too butthurt with the CPJ vs. CGC redux part 23?
That was my first thought after seeing the title. I don't know what's gotten into folks.

Worked out OK for Wisconsin & Russell Wilson.
Wimbush ain't Russell Wilson.

The game (Link) RW played for NC State vs NATS on 2010 was a man against boys. RW had already tried baseball for a coupla years so it was like playing vs a BYU guy who'd been off doing other things, then decided to go back to FB. That ain't Wimbush. Or like Chris Weinke who played in the Blue Jays minor league system for six years, then started at FSU as a 24YO FR & won the Heisman at age 28! Wimbush ain't CW either.

Wimbush ain't Russell Wilson.

The game (Link) RW played for NC State vs NATS on 2010 was a man against boys. RW had already tried baseball for a coupla years so it was like playing vs a BYU guy who'd been off doing other things, then decided to go back to FB. That ain't Wimbush. Or like Chris Weinke who played in the Blue Jays minor league system for six years, then started at FSU as a 24YO FR & won the Heisman at age 28! Wimbush ain't CW either.

Incorrect on Wilson. He went straight from HS to NC State. 2010 was his RS JR season. He did play MiLB during the summers of 2010 and 2011.

What? öööö fields
Concur, but I was just using him as an example of a potential QB transfer getting blowback from his rumored LZ before he even leaves his current place of employment. Some on here never knew Wilson played baseball whenever for however long or that he obliterated GT in 2010, those who think world history started with streaming video.

Yep, I forgot Wilson played baseball in the summers when the NC ST staff thought he ought to be in Raleigh.

I guess I’m just confused how you know Wimbush is some arrogant douchebag solely from the fact that he went to Notre Dame.

I whole heartedly agree that if he comes in here and acts like you describe it would do more harm than good. But as a stop gap measure to help ease transition it makes some good sense for us to get a more polished passer on campus.

We are listed at the bottom of this article and apparently his mom moved to Atlanta. I think it makes a lot of sense for him to come here.

https://www.nj.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/12/79b2f015c63006/potential-landing-spots-for-nj.html

Concur, but I was just using him as an example of a potential QB transfer getting blowback from his rumored LZ before he even leaves his current place of employment. Some on here never knew Wilson played baseball whenever for however long or that he obliterated GT in 2010, those who think world history started with streaming video.

Yep, I forgot Wilson played baseball in the summers when the NC ST staff thought he ought to be in Raleigh.
Tom O'Brien misread the tea leaves.

Back