Wimbush Graduate “Transferring” Are We an Option?

ND is a dangerous opponent for Clemzon

Huge OL that is great at run blocking and they run with power, the power run then sets up their play-action passing

Dangerous opponent all the way around, don't sleep on ND

Wide curriculum and Liberal Arts majors notwithstanding, ND is the gold standard when it comes to combining Athletics & Academics

The GTAA would resort to devil worshiping and summoning the "Crossroads Demon" (Supernatural reference) to have the CFB legacy that ND has
Clemson dominates power run teams. Notre Dame is the best possible matchup for Clemson. Oklahoma would have been a much tougher opponent. Notre Dame is a good team, they are just not built to exploit Clemson's weaknesses.

I don't care for ND's football program, but I wouldn't disqualify a kid for having played there. If CGC thinks we need him, fine. If not, cool. By all accounts, he has handled his demotion and transfer with class, so no reason to bash him.

I have no problem with him coming here - especially if we are just using a 'ship until next December's class. A one and done grad student would seem to be a pretty good use of a scholarship that you basically get to have back for next year's signing class. If he goes in and competes for the job and doesn't win it - if a current QB wins it - then it shows we are fairly strong at QB. If Winbush wins the job, we get another year to develop what we have coming up and get to recruit another QB for the roster in Winbush's spot

Truth be told I’ve never had a grasp of the GT-ND series. It’s pretty obviously based on Southern Baptist driven anti-Catholicism and nothing else imo. We aspired to be ND of the South under Dodd.

I'm a devout Catholic and I hate ND with a passion.
I went to St. Pius, where football was established by George B. Maloof, and modelled after Georgia Tech, with white and old gold as our school colors. Somewhere along the way, people started bringing in navy and putting, "Play like Champion" signs in the locker rooms. While in high school, there was this expectation that you should blindly be a ND fan because you're Catholic (or attend a Catholic school), and it was annoying as öööö. At the very least, I guess it's better than having a bunch of dwag fans as classmates, but it's close.

I went to St. Pius, where football was established by George B. Maloof, and modelled after Georgia Tech, with white and old gold as our school colors. Somewhere along the way, people started bringing in navy and putting, "Play like Champion" signs in the locker rooms. While in high school, there was this expectation that you should blindly be a ND fan because you're Catholic (or attend a Catholic school), and it was annoying as öööö. At the very least, I guess it's better than having a bunch of dwag fans as classmates, but it's close.
And now we are putting in that stupid navy. It sucks

One correction, if I may. It isn’t “established by George B Maloof” - it should be “established by one of the greatest H.S. coaches in state of Ga history, one of the most decent men to coach in the state of Ga. Coach George B Maloof”.

A Great human being & coach. I did not go to Pius, but had friends there and I played for Coach in the Ga high school All Star game.

A leader and teacher.

He was offered the Frosh H.C. job at GT but did not want to leave Father Cotter (?) without a coach so close to the season. If Coach Maloof had been at the helm of the 68 GT frosh team (Dudish, O’Neill, Cunningham, Beavin, Studdard, Corday, Costello, Novak, Ford and so many countless others), those guys would have kicked the living hell out of all they played. Instead they got stuck with self centered, ego driven glanville (the only coach I ever knew more concerned with getting publicity than winning games)

And I believe Coach Maloof scored 4 TDS vs ugag.

Great man.

One correction, if I may. It isn’t “established by George B Maloof” - it should be “established by one of the greatest H.S. coaches in state of Ga history, one of the most decent men to coach in the state of Ga. Coach George B Maloof”.

A Great human being & coach. I did not go to Pius, but had friends there and I played for Coach in the Ga high school All Star game.

A leader and teacher.

He was offered the Frosh H.C. job at GT but did not want to leave Father Cotter (?) without a coach so close to the season. If Coach Maloof had been at the helm of the 68 GT frosh team (Dudish, O’Neill, Cunningham, Beavin, Studdard, Corday, Costello, Novak, Ford and so many countless others), those guys would have kicked the living hell out of all they played. Instead they got stuck with self centered, ego driven glanville (the only coach I ever knew more concerned with getting publicity than winning games)

And I believe Coach Maloof scored 4 TDS vs ugag.

Great man.
I went to rival St Joseph but still think Maloof was a great guy. I am wondering about the blue however. St Pius takes GT’s old uniforms. When blue showed up at Tech, I think it naturally ended up at Pius.

I went to rival St Joseph but still think Maloof was a great guy. I am wondering about the blue however. St Pius takes GT’s old uniforms. When blue showed up at Tech, I think it naturally ended up at Pius.

There are "play like a champion" signs up in the weight rooms and öööö, at least there were 5-10 years ago. The blue came from Notre Dame.

I did go to the homecoming game a few years ago, and I was astounded how much better their uniforms looked than ours. At the time there wasn't much blue and they also had Russel athletic.

A. Notre Dame & if you have to ask why ..."solely from the fact that he went to Notre Dame," you don't have a grasp of the GT-ND series. The GT Bookstore used to sell T-shirts with the "I Pull for Three Teams - Georgia Tech & Whoever's Playing Notre Dame and Georgia" for a reason. I played against two of St. Ara's teams & they were the dirtiest team we faced, bar none.
B. Quarterback .....if you have to ask why ... you have never played the game.
C. I got beaten out by someone else.
D. I'm gonna take my ball & go home.

As I said up-thread, if he were a deepsnapper, OL, DL, TE, DB - we had one of those from ND & how'd that work out? - LB or whatever, anything but the most visible, high profile position on the field, so be it. But NOT Quarterback.

Locker rooms have a delicate balance. Don't confuse logic with reality.
Wasn't the DB the one that waited patiently for the punt to get to him so he could down it in the end zone instead of on the 1 or 2 yard line. I think he quit football after that.

Okay Snowflake. Running up scores, "givin' people the business" in scrimmage pileups, ND ushers cussing at & spitting on GT players in South Bend have nothing to do with religion. Get a grip - recess is over.

BTW, our Catholic players, most of whom either played for St Pius or Marist in Atlanta or Trinity, et al, in Louisville, hated ND as a football team. ND with their "special status, even in the ACC, not to mention the FCS, is what makes most hate ND the football team. TV deals? Long before they had live broadcasts on NBC, their games were syndicated & replayed nationally with Lindsey Nelson and Paul Hornung doing the play by play.

Like the Dwags, in the modern era, they usually win the "February National Championship," only to choke at crunch time.

Religion? Hell no. Football? Hell Yes.

As for the context of Dodd's quote, he was referring to a national branding.

And how do you explain this Methodist (AKA Catholic-Lite) not caring a damn about ND the football team?

I would say our Catholic players mostly come from Jesuit in Tampa. And I can confirm we hate ND

A. Notre Dame & if you have to ask why ..."solely from the fact that he went to Notre Dame," you don't have a grasp of the GT-ND series. The GT Bookstore used to sell T-shirts with the "I Pull for Three Teams - Georgia Tech & Whoever's Playing Notre Dame and Georgia" for a reason. I played against two of St. Ara's teams & they were the dirtiest team we faced, bar none.
B. Quarterback .....if you have to ask why ... you have never played the game.
C. I got beaten out by someone else.
D. I'm gonna take my ball & go home.

As I said up-thread, if he were a deepsnapper, OL, DL, TE, DB - we had one of those from ND & how'd that work out? - LB or whatever, anything but the most visible, high profile position on the field, so be it. But NOT Quarterback.

Locker rooms have a delicate balance. Don't confuse logic with reality.

I also root for three teams.

The dirtiest game I ever saw was Notre Dame 1978, under Dan Devine. Blatant stuff, like clotheslining receivers in their routes. They didn't care who saw it. Not only did the refs let them get away with it but would call the receiver for offensive pass interference. A ND punt went untouched through the back of the end zone, with no return man even back there, and one official tried to put it down at the one. Dirtiest game I've ever seen. Most blatantly called game I've ever seen in any sport including HS basketball. I've never had anything good for Notre Dame since.

What is their legacy since? They gang-rape people. They kill students by sending them 40 feet in the air during windstorms to video their precious practice. The program, no matter how sanctimonious, is filthy and deserves to be shut down.

Going to UCF over us and Penn State
"From what I'm told, let's just toss out Penn State early as the Nittany Lions were never really in play. The early team to beat was actually Georgia Tech. There were a lot of positives about the changes coming under new head coach Geoff Collins, there is an excitement around the program, the buzz is real, and his mother actually lives in Atlanta. However, things down there are going to take a little time to get rolling and to be honest, that's not exactly what Wimbush has in his back pocket. So, despite a lot mutual interest early, it just wasn't going to work out."
https://247sports.com/college/notre...tre-Dame-QB-Brandon-Wimbush-at-UCF-127904222/

Going to UCF, so off the board for us.
Heupel has done a good job taking over from Scott Frost, and guiding Darrel Mack when Milton got hurt. But it does seem like an odd move for Wimbush with only one year to play. I can think of half a dozen programs that seem to make more sense, but it is his decision. We will see how it plays out.

Back