World's Largest Outdoor Ass-Kicking - Official Thread

Talk about delusional. Do we have anything close to UFs over the middle passing game? Do we have Rainey or Greene? We would have lost by 14-17 to either squad yesterday. Not sure how much we can expect things to change in 3 weeks.

Sometimes teams get better, sometimes they don't. We're hoping we get better and hoping Georgia doesn't. Seems pretty simple to grasp and there are no delusions involved.

if you really think that he would be better off at NCState in any way, then you might be retarted

yes, re-TARTed

AJ Green would make Nesbitt look a lot better, thats for sure, he is a GREAT WR, not just "good"

you are high on anti-Dawg juice or something

Five 100 yard receiving games in 3 years is not a "great" receiver - two against Arizona State, one against Vandy, one against Arkansas, and one against Colorado.

BTW, before you check, Calvin had 13 in three years. Of course Calvin wasn't so delicate and wasn't stupid enough to sell a jersey.

I could be wrong, but it seems like people still factor in the anticipation over how good Green was supposed to be into how great they say he actually is. He's made some great catches, but has he actually lived up to the hype yet? Has he been the game-changer that wins big games for Georgia yet?

The guy may end up being great but it seems like a lot of hype with not much to back it up so far.

Bark Madley changing his story ... yet again. Now he says Richt just isn't getting it done.

the year isnt over, and Calvin didnt sit out 4 games. also, there was no other WR were Calvin was, but at Georgie there are a bunch, including this guy Massaquoi who now plays on Sundays

your comparison is weak, AJ Green needs to improve his route running a little but he will play on Sundays

i just think you dont really know enough about football to be able to tell, if you are reaching for statistics.

im not saying Green will ever be a game changer for Georgie. what i am saying is that his physical talent and ability to catch the ball is superior than most who attempt to do it. that is all. Green is for real. he is really good. whether Murray decides to throw to him when he is wide open, or whether Aaron would rather throw to his former High School teammate and not to Green is beyond Green's control

And if you saw the play where he cut his route inside and dove past the defender in space to make the grab, thats NFL right there. NOONE at Tech right now could do that. Probably DThomas does, but Calvin? hes better jumping up than jumping laterally (NCState spiderman catch excepted)

And if you saw the play where he cut his route inside and dove past the defender in space to make the grab, thats NFL right there. NOONE at Tech right now could do that. Probably DThomas does, but Calvin? hes better jumping up than jumping laterally (NCState spiderman catch excepted)
Calvin made multiple, fantastic lateral catches. Watch his highlights from the 2005 Miami game. And how could you discount the Spiderman catch?

Calvin made multiple, fantastic lateral catches. Watch his highlights from the 2005 Miami game. And how could you discount the Spiderman catch?

not discounting, acknowledging that it was incredible

i always felt that Calvin was better going up for the ball, rather then diving for it.

however, i am sure that he made some really nice lateral catches also.

his lasting impression will always be to me the short-arm pushoff while jumping up and then catching the ball for a TD in a corner of the endzone.

That was an OK catch from Green. Hell, he didn't have to change directions and he wasn't really layed out to make it.

The catch by the UF receiver earlier in the game near the goal line was 10X the catch that Green made.

not discounting, acknowledging that it was incredible

i always felt that Calvin was better going up for the ball, rather then diving for it.

however, i am sure that he made some really nice lateral catches also.

his lasting impression will always be to me the short-arm pushoff while jumping up and then catching the ball for a TD in a corner of the endzone.

Don't forget the diving catch CJ made in the back of the endzone vs Syracuse in the Champs Sports Bowl as a freshman.

Don't forget the diving catch CJ made in the back of the endzone vs Syracuse in the Champs Sports Bowl as a freshman.

And his diving catch against Clemson, and his diving catch in the endzone against NC State, and his diving catch against Miami. Someone must not have watched GT play too much when he was here or was just too drunk to notice.

Exactly. To say that Calvin was just a jump ball guy is just misinformed. The only thing we didn't get to see as much as I would have liked was him catching the ball in stride. We got to see it against Virginia in 2006 and it was glorious.

Exactly. To say that Calvin was just a jump ball guy is just misinformed. The only thing we didn't get to see as much as I would have liked was him catching the ball in stride. We got to see it against Virginia in 2006 and it was glorious.

I credit the throwbacks for that game.

Back