Worst/Best Next Year

Best Case - Roll over Elon, week off plus new QB - we win big at Duke. At 2-0 we keep it rolling at home against UNC. With 3-0 record we are up for Thursday night challenge and win against VPI. Nine days to get ready for the U and we win. BYU takes us lightly, they have lost some D-line talent, Vad makes us more multi-dimensional, and we get revenge. We win three really close, competitive games with the Orange, UVA, and Pitt. Twelve days to get ready for Clemson, huge game, Clemson chokes, we are 10-0. 50,000 show up for Senior Day against Alabama A&M to cheer on the top-5 Jackets as we roll over Alabama A&M. Alas, we lose to UGA. Vad probably spikes the ball on a late game 4th down. I am no fool to pick a win over the Dawgs. We beat FSU in Charlotte and win the ACC and finish up with an Orange Bowl win. We finish 13-1 and ranked third in the country.

Worst case - Struggle against Elon, QB situation unclear, get upset by Duke, and return home to lose to UNC, skid continues against VPI, the U, and BYU. Right the ship to beat Syracuse, lose at UVA, at home to Pitt we lose in OT, Clemson hangs 50 on new defense, 25,000 come for Senior Day win over Alabama A&M, and Dawgs win by 5 touchdowns. We go 3-9.

My prediction - about somewhere halfway between the best amd worst case scenarios, between 3 and 13 wins. I think we will win 7 or 8.

Best Case - Roll over Elon, week off plus new QB - we win big at Duke. At 2-0 we keep it rolling at home against UNC. With 3-0 record we are up for Thursday night challenge and win against VPI. Nine days to get ready for the U and we win. BYU takes us lightly, they have lost some D-line talent, Vad makes us more multi-dimensional, and we get revenge. We win three really close, competitive games with the Orange, UVA, and Pitt. Twelve days to get ready for Clemson, huge game, Clemson chokes, we are 10-0. 50,000 show up for Senior Day against Alabama A&M to cheer on the top-5 Jackets as we roll over Alabama A&M. Alas, we lose to UGA. Vad probably spikes the ball on a late game 4th down. I am no fool to pick a win over the Dawgs. We beat FSU in Charlotte and win the ACC and finish up with an Orange Bowl win. We finish 13-1 and ranked third in the country.

Worst case - Struggle against Elon, QB situation unclear, get upset by Duke, and return home to lose to UNC, skid continues against VPI, the U, and BYU. Right the ship to beat Syracuse, lose at UVA, at home to Pitt we lose in OT, Clemson hangs 50 on new defense, 25,000 come for Senior Day win over Alabama A&M, and Dawgs win by 5 touchdowns. We go 3-9.

My prediction - about somewhere halfway between the best amd worst case scenarios, between 3 and 13 wins. I think we will win 7 or 8.

gawd your best case sounds like a worst case.. kept out of nat'l championship by a sole loss to ugay??? AHHH.. id almost rather go 4-8

Vad will lead us to victory over the dwags through his resolve and determination. His teammates will find motivation and strength through his example. The Yellow Jackets will persevere and the victory will be forever remembered.

:OhYeah:

So let it be written, so let it be done.

gawd your best case sounds like a worst case.. kept out of nat'l championship by a sole loss to ugay??? AHHH.. id almost rather go 4-8

This comment is what I don't get about some of our fans. I know the UGA games is important but dayum.

Will beat Clemson and BYU this year. BYU was pretty good last year and they simply manhandled the Jackets. I just like our chances against Clemson at home. Unless Woody Dantzler comes running out of the locker room.

Beat UNC, beat Va. Tech (they're just not that good), beat Virginia, beat Cuse and Pitt (tho both will be close), lose one game (not Elon - no. And not Alabama A&M), Duke maybe in a shootout, and then have another one of those games with the Mutts where we have the ball with a chance to win and ....

Just commenting on the possibility of 5-8.

I'm not sure if a sizable minority here wouldn't have prefered 7-6 last year over 7-7.

Not really sure what you are getting at because of the double negative, but I'd much rather go 5-8 and lose in the ACCG than go 5-7 (or even 6-6) and not play in it. At least it gives us a chance at relevancy. Hell, we were only like 60 yards from going to the orange bowl last year which would have been what, like the 2nd time we'd been in the last 40-50 years?

If the debate is which season is worse, I'd much rather beat VT, Miami, and UNC (which the scenario contemplates) than go 5-7, 6-6, 6-7, or even 7-6 with a bunch of relatively meaningless wins (say crap teams x 2, Duke, Pitt, Syr, Uva).

Granted, losing to both Elon and A&M would be bad, but if we are talking realistic worst case scenario, there is about 0 chance we beat UNC, VT, @ miami but lost to Elon and A&M at home.

I think we lose to BYU, Clemson and UGA. I'm going to make a bold prediction and say we get over our Miami mini-curse this year. So I think 9-3 and we get into the ACC Champ. I will reserve the right to flip-flop my Miami and Clemson picks though.
Lose to Miami-- acc champ in doubt

If Ted can forget about a Prevent Defense and play to win, then we will have a good season. If he starts the Prevent, we go down often and hard. O side of the ball needs to rack up the points and keep driving. Vad sets the numbers high early and Justin comes in for some experience and fun points. PJ stays, we cannot another coaching search, the AJC/UGA Fishwrapper will have a field day. Screw the Dawgs to the Hedge. Football cannot get here soon enough.

Best- Undefeated, national and ACC champions
Worst- Losing record, doesn't go to bowl, hammered by UGA

In all seriousness, we will win between 6 and 10 games.

In actual all seriousness, we should take the coastal easily

The best:

We could see Vad reach triple figures on UNC with Tech scoring over 100 points in 2 years with him as QB.

We could see a 60-yd game-winning field goal.

We could see the defense get a shutout.

We could see a win over UGA at BDS.

The worst:

We could see a season full of QB controversy due to turnovers and sloppy play on offense.

We could see the defense fail to improve.

We could see 3 division losses in the first 5 games.

If Ted can forget about a Prevent Defense and play to win, then we will have a good season. If he starts the Prevent, we go down often and hard. O side of the ball needs to rack up the points and keep driving. Vad sets the numbers high early and Justin comes in for some experience and fun points. PJ stays, we cannot another coaching search, the AJC/UGA Fishwrapper will have a field day. Screw the Dawgs to the Hedge. Football cannot get here soon enough.

Prevent gets a bad rep. It's confirmation bias that "the only thing it prevents is wins". You only remember that saying when it fails not the many more times that it wears out the clocks and wins.

Prevent gets a bad rep. It's confirmation bias that "the only thing it prevents is wins". You only remember that saying when it fails not the many more times that it wears out the clocks and wins.

I usually don't care for the prevent, but if the Denver Broncos had run a prevent D at the end of the game, there would have been a different Super Bowl champion.

Worst; we loose to VT UGA and MIami.
Result:pissed off fan base, Barrel of Rum has an aneurism. Message board descends into complete sheet storm about how we suck at recruiting and have no one drafted. Westly continues to bitch about Johnson. etc continues to use way too many gifs. While Czar admires himself in the mirror some more.

Best: beat the Mutts, vt, Clemson, and Obama resigns presidency. Tech Looses about 2 games randomly. The Message board rejoices, Vad lee is drafted in first round. Recruiting continues to suck, Czar still looks in the mirror too much. Marty alcala is an all American

loose?

If Groh had called for a prevent at P'tech., we would've won.

Back