Worst Sports Prediction You Ever Made

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
https://www.sbnation.com/2018/6/1/17410678/worst-sports-predictions-old-takes

I've got so many of these, it's hard for me to choose. I think in spring of 2015 I probably said something like "It's only Shaq Mason, how bad can the loss of one guy be? Our OL is going to be the best in the nation!". I'm gonna go with that one for now.

Need not be GT football related, all sports are welcome ITT. Bite me, mods.

Go.

I told my then CEO there is no way Tech loses to UTAH in that sun bowl game. No chance.

I went all in on the Nesbitt for Heisman campaign so that 2010 season was hurtful. I sent links to all those Dos Equis rip off commercials to all my contacts. Damn that Kansas State game.
Nesbitt was still the man but that season did not end like I built it up.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/6/1/17410678/worst-sports-predictions-old-takes

I've got so many of these, it's hard for me to choose. I think in spring of 2015 I probably said something like "It's only Shaq Mason, how bad can the loss of one guy be? Our OL is going to be the best in the nation!". I'm gonna go with that one for now.

Need not be GT football related, all sports are welcome ITT. Bite me, mods.

Go.

Maybe 2015 Notre Dame. Was convinced we were ready to move towards the big time. Put money on it as well. Had no idea that game was the beginning of an unchecked slide that continues to this day. That was easily the biggest game of the past three years.

Claiming I had a good feeling about the 2013 version of COFH. It was going so well until the half. I got really drunk after that game.

My worst prediction was the 2007 Humanitarian Bowl against Fresno State. I wasn't insane about it, but a TV crew stopped me on the way into the stadium and asked for a prediction. I said that Tashard Choice would have a big day and Tech would win by 10. So much for that - that was the biggest "no show" I've seen from Tech in a bowl game. Got thrashed by Fresno, and literally one player on the whole team had enough fire left at the end to try to grab a U[sic]GA flag that was being waved in their faces as they walked down the tunnel to leave the field. No fight and no pride in that team, and I remember that CPJ was there (as a spectator) checking out his new team.

JRjr

Mine is a little different. I predicted that Jonathan Dwyer would be the steal of the 2010 NFL Draft

Mine related to the 2001 dwag game. And I made it in not one but several dwag boards - loudly.

So I think I pretty much win this thread of ignominy.

Gotta help out here, balance the force. 2008. No way Tech comes into Sanford Stadium with a brand new coach and a team mismatched to his system, and hung with the preseason #1-ranked NCAA team, featuring the soon-to-be top NFL draft choice at quarterback, with Knowshon Moreno and a host of other great players. Should be a romp for the Dawgs. Most of all, it should be win #8 in a row, which would tie Tech's record for longest streak in the series. Richt has never lost to Tech. No way it happens this year.
crying-baby-girl.jpg

Back