Worst Sports Prediction You Ever Made

In 2007, after we throttled Notre Dame, I bragged to everybody around me that we were the class of the ACC.

Then we got Matt Ryan'ed.

Yeah, I wasn't fooled by that game. I remember after watching it thinking, man ND is really bad this year.

Worst prediction I ever made...
I bet a Clemson buddy that they would fail to make a bowl the year after they lost Chad Morris (former OC who introduced their offense)...
They played in the National Championship game that year.

I remembered tonight that I predicted Carmelo would be a better NBA player than LeBron. Pretty bad, admittedly, but you have to take into consideration that at the time I was very heavily retarded. I had not yet ascended to the spectrum.

December 2006: How on earth is Wake Forest going to stop Calvin Johnson and Tashard Choice? We've got the ACC title in the bag by at least 21 points.
I have a couple of questions.

1) Did you say any of this out loud before the 2006 ACC Championship Game?

2) If yes, what is your address?

Last edited:
That after his freshman year, Reggie Ball had nowhere to go but up.

I predicted in 2005 against NC State at our place after getting a first down at the two yard line with the clock stopped for the first down, a minute left, Pj Daniels in the backfield, a timeout in hand, that we were going to punch the ball into the endzone against the exhausted NC State DL and LB's and win the ballgame

The 2010 bowl game vs Air Force... lost a lot of money that day. :eekfacepalm:

While that wasn't quite the single most disappointing game ever, it did seem to have the highest density of disappointing moments in it for any game I can remember.

Back