Worst Sports Prediction You Ever Made

2001. I was certain we would win the ACC, we were going to be in the MNC hunt, and Greg Gathers would embarrass Julius Peppers statistically.

'72 uga game. I was 12. Talked trash as Eddie McAshan was tearing it up that season. Ticket issues, dismissal, and loss of team unity. 1st time (and last)I ever made a real $ bet. Had to pay up the following Monday. Think I had to borrow the $ from my Mom.

September 9, 2000. I knew Miami was great. They bullied our no. 1 dominating offense lead by Joe in the Gator Bowl, and I knew those guys were going to be crazy good. I dropped several hundred dollars on them vs Washington in 2000 to start the season. The u lost.

The u went on to win 34 games in a row after that loss. I hate gambling.

I predicted USC to destroy Texas in the National Championship game years ago.

@ThisIsAtlanta

Thread should've opened with the "how many wins does tech get this year" votes from the last 10 years. It'd be interesting to compare our accuracy over time and laugh at the outliers.

For about 15 years I thought the Braves had the best team and would win the WS. Atlanta gonna Atlanta and I was wrong a lot.

Discuss

2003 Georgia Tech CLemson game. Just after we whipped AU, and ALMOST beat FSU (should have), I wrote a predection down on my computer at work Friday before I left, GT wins 27 to 14.

We got our asses handed to us 39-3.

I've never made a specific prediction since.

My worst prediction was the 2007 Humanitarian Bowl against Fresno State. I wasn't insane about it, but a TV crew stopped me on the way into the stadium and asked for a prediction. I said that Tashard Choice would have a big day and Tech would win by 10. So much for that - that was the biggest "no show" I've seen from Tech in a bowl game. Got thrashed by Fresno, and literally one player on the whole team had enough fire left at the end to try to grab a U[sic]GA flag that was being waved in their faces as they walked down the tunnel to leave the field. No fight and no pride in that team, and I remember that CPJ was there (as a spectator) checking out his new team.

JRjr

I wonder if the dude with the UGA flag is the same guy at the ACC championship game that year - which by the way is up there for the worst and most boring game I've ever attended. Calvin and Tashard and we can only manage 2 field goals against WAKE FOREST.

Anway, I remember in the half empty stadium there was some clown with a UGA flag in one of the endzones. If he traveled all the way out to Jacksonville and Boise just to troll GT players he had too much time on his hands.

For about 15 years I thought the Braves had the best team and would win the WS. Atlanta gonna Atlanta and I was wrong a lot.

Discuss
I didn't think Francisco Cabrera would get a hit. Boy was I wrong.

I wonder if the dude with the UGA flag is the same guy at the ACC championship game that year - which by the way is up there for the worst and most boring game I've ever attended. Calvin and Tashard and we can only manage 2 field goals against WAKE FOREST.

Anway, I remember in the half empty stadium there was some clown with a UGA flag in one of the endzones. If he traveled all the way out to Jacksonville and Boise just to troll GT players he had too much time on his hands.

I may have the details wrong, but there was some dude who had two kids, one playing at U[sic]GA (Joe Tereshinski or something like that?) and one at Wake or some other little school. Dude came to watch his non-Dwag kid play against Tech and brought a U[sic]GA flag to wave. Typical.

JRjr

I may have the details wrong, but there was some dude who had two kids, one playing at U[sic]GA (Joe Tereshinski or something like that?) and one at Wake or some other little school. Dude came to watch his non-Dwag kid play against Tech and brought a U[sic]GA flag to wave. Typical.

JRjr

A wake / UGA bumper sticker must read "House Uninterested".

That we would certainly beat Wake Forest in the ACC championship game

Back