Would a mew AD order Chan Gailey to bring in a new Offensive Coordinator.....

LLCoolJacket,

You have just proven again how little you know. You don't know anything about me, yet you state I am a lonely old man with nothing else to do.

I will assure you, I am not lonely in the least. I have a hard time getting around to all the friends, relatives and associates that I need to visit or assist.

That remark alone shows how ignorant you are of my situation. I will tell you straight out you are a liar, and I can do it truthfully, because you just lied in that statement.

To me, your act has never gotten off the ground. You have never been able to bring anything of significance to any of the debates we have encountered other than your propensity for bashing me, others, coach Gailey, Braine, etal.

What have you brought to the board that has been positive? Is your bashing of me considered as your best effort at intelligent debate. It is you who cannot bring anything positive to the board.

I have been on this board since its beginning and come here for information and to give information. You are ignorant in another assumption, that is posters having to look up facts to give opinions. It is impossible for you to find one post where I have asked anyone to provide facts and figures for opinions.

I have always and consistently stated anyone's opinion is equal to any other opinion on the board. So, you have just attributed misinformation about my posts that are not true, which means you have just lied again.

I do and will continue to produce facts to debunk statements by anyone on the board that are false, and I can find the facts and figures to prove they are false. When you state something as a fact, it is no longer an opinion. When you state something as an opinion, you do not get the same factual responses from me.

"That is a fact, moron" (your quote). That sentence within itself shows you have nothing to say other than bashing someone.

Why don't you get original and produce something other than bashing or jumping into someone's post to try to ridicule them. You thought you would look big by jumping into this thread by berating me, however you have made yourself look very small by doing so.

Now, if you would look into your own motive for your initial post in this thread, you will probably find the root of your problem. After all, you intiated the bashing.

1signrunaway.gif

You are still assuming that the ADs tell the Head Coach to hire specific coaches. I still say you have no proof.

I believe I am right. I believe the AD tells the head coach he can either replace a particular assistant or lose his own job. I have already stated that was an option.

I am still of the opinion, the head coach still makes his own decision as to the assistant that is hired or fired. He can say no, and lose his job, or he can say yes, select a new coach and save his job.

He might even take the suggestion of the coach desired by the AD, but he does not have to do so. He can say no and risk losing his job. He could even say no, fire the existing assistant, and hire another one on his own and still save his job.

As I said, until you show me proof, you have no proof that any AD has hired or fired an assistant.

It only becomes your opinion. Without proof, it becoms a mere opinion.

Father Time

Very strange. You are agreeing with everything I am saying except you want an athlectic director to call the local tv, CNN, ESPN, and "The best damn sports show period" and do some grandstanding about it. You want an atlectic director who makes the change to also make his head coach look foolish at the same time. That is the proof you are demanding. Very strange.

You are irrational! You have never seen one post where I have stated that the AD should call the media and broadcast the change.

You did see where I said it was hard to hide this type of stuff from the sports media. They are always looking for a controversial story and will interview everyone associated with the event to dig up a story.

Yes, most of the time, the sports media does find out about the entire situation, generally, much more media attention than the people involved wish to be aired.

You are throwing flak again to hide the fact you have no proof, pure and simple!

ostr.gif

Use common sense, you are saying that even if an AD is responsible for a change in his head coaches staff and they want to keep this little situation to themselves the total investigative powers of Sports Illustrative, ESPN the magazine, Larry King Live, and the ACLU will determine the real truth and then they will do the grandstanding! You sir are the irrational one. I suggest you go back to your numbers.

Ahsoisee remarks:

To me, your act has never gotten off the ground

Act, what the hell are you talking about? Am I supposed to have an act on this board?

Wow, thanks for the insight into the character known as Ahso.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
NCJacket, I was really using you to show how foolish Stateline and Dave Tech are for indicating, "it is true, because NCJacket said it is true".

Could an AD fire or hire an assistant if he really wanted to do so? Yes, but that is not the issue. The issue was Dave and Stateline says it has happened over the objections of a head coach, but they can not prove it has happened.

It is just their opinion it has happened, and that is no better than someone's opinion who doesn't think it has happened.

Any coach that would allow that to happen to him does not need to be a coach. If he does not have the ability or grit to hire and fire his own coaches, I sure don't want him for head coach.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I have not used the word objection in my argument. Anyway I will say any objections by head coaches to athletic directors in the past....in the present....and in the future....short and then muted because raising serious hell would lead to dismissal in a hurry. P.S. Did Jim Harrick fire his son or did Dooley? There is the absolute proof you are looking for! Of course that want count in your book I am sure.

LLCoolJacket, yes, I started with this post and went back the last four or five of your posts, and every last post was some snide remark about Braine, Gailey, or something negative. That appears to be your legacy, bashing someone or being negative.

That appears to be your type of act on this board judging from those posts.

And your judging of my character only proves you are a bad judge of character. It really makes zero difference to me what you think of me or my character. It stands on its own. Since you don't know anything about me, you have absolute zero data to enable you to judge my character.

And what authority and noble qualities do you possess that validates you character judgement. Are you one of the Apostles or Jesus in the second coming. Tell me the values you possess that qualify you for character judgements, especially when you don't even know the person?

It appears, you are really mixed up and confused in your mind. I know, I would not trust your judgements by the bashing and negative actions you have exhibited on the board.

The only thing you can do that would be valid is to give your opinions on my posts, and that is nothing more than one person's mere opinion.

StatelineJacket, your example of Jim Harrick's son is not even close to our discussions of hiring and firing of assistants. His son was fired because of falsifying imformation regarding grades for athletes. In other words, he committed a crime.

It really made little difference who fired him. Did you really think his Dad would fire him? Maybe you need to find an example more appropriate to the discussion. That example proves absolutely nothing.

ostr.gif

Your ostrich with his head buried in the sand is appropriate for you. No Jim Harrick SR. would not have fired him. But I knew this example would not persuade you one bit into using some common sense.

ahsoisee, once again:

LLCoolJacket, yes, I started with this post and went back the last four or five of your posts, and every last post was some snide remark about Braine, Gailey, or something negative. That appears to be your legacy, bashing someone or being negative.

That appears to be your type of act on this board judging from those posts.

So, you went back 4 or 5 posts including the last one and found that they were negative. You bet they were.
Critical is more like it. 5 posts would only date me back to after the CU disaster. And, without looking, I am pretty sure that those posts were in reference to performance parameters I have made prior to the season.

Unlike you, I am a three time letterwinner and graduate of Ga. Tech. I have the right to voice my opinions about the administration of athletics at Tech.
You have the right to be a fan, or not, period.

My problem with you should be obvious, oh wise one. You state no opinion. You remain neutral and revel in mindless debates. They might as well be about the price of postage stamps.

I think that part of the reason that most of, if not all of flee from a thread in which Ahso is debating fact and opinion is because they are just blabbering and can't actually counter logically what he is saying. He brings up facts and noone can refute them. The only thing irritating about his logic-based posts is the fact that noone will step up to them to answer them.

The Jacket posts:

The only thing irritating about his logic-based posts is the fact that noone will step up to them to answer them.

Good point Jacket, I guess. Problem is, no one wants to take the time to dig up facts to prove that the sun really does set in the west.

Its a football site, for gosh sakes!

Actually, ahso often doesn't present any facts, he takes a position and dares anyone to provide facts to prove him wrong. For many of the things we are discussing there are no substantiated facts, it's all opinion, observations and memory. None of those are necessarily facts. Also facts don't necessarily prove a point, they are just interesting bits of information. Just because you use facts to support your argument doesn't mean you are right, it just means you can amass data that appears to prove a point.

ahso said
A person's opinion does not prove anything.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Right on. You post your opinion, prove nothing, and its meaningless. Then you go on and on rambling about opinion, you are no coach, you don't know more than me, you are irrational, you didn't prove it. All the while he never proves a damn thing.

Adams made Harrick fire his own kid. Give it a rest ahso.

Well, I see NCJacket is beginning to join the pile-on club. Let's see now, that makes four who have to join forces to combat one 68 year old man. I guess you don't have enough confidence in your own little selves, so you join in a pack like wolves. That really shows a lot of savy and courage.

But don't worry, I can handle it. It really takes very little to handle the drivel you four have amassed. Well let's begin.

STATELINE

Sorry, but it is my idea, the ostrich is for you and the other three here. At least you should be able to come up with your own idea.

You are right, your extremely poor example of Jim Harrick's son did not have a chance at proving your point. Unless you can do better than that, you might as well give it up.

I think most of the readers can discern the common sense out of the example.

LLCOOLJACKET

Yes, the posts were negative, no positives. Hoo Poopie Doo! I don't care if you are a letter winner. I don't care if you have ten super bowl rings. That has nothing to do with how smart a person happens to be, whether he can coach or analyze the games, or whether he has the best knowledge of the game.

Maybe you think you are superior and your opinions are superior because you played football at Tech. Being a football jock does not make you smart, nor does it make you better than any other poster on this board. It merely means you were a football jock, and that is all.

You have no more right to voice your opinion of any topic on this board over me or any other poster. Why don't you ask the moderator if you have more rights than another poster.

You have just lied again, unless you can get the moderator to state you have more rights than I do to voice your opinion on this board. If he says you have, then I lose my argument. If he does not verify that you have more of a right than I to voice your opinion on any topic here, then you have lied.

Oh, and I state my opinions constantly on many issues. If I have not stated any opinions, why are you even arguing with me. It is obvious to any sane person on the board that I offer many opinions. That means you have just lied again. There is a pattern here. You keep lying and saying things that are not true.

If these are mindless debates, then you must be mindless, because you keep coming back to make yourself look foolish. At least, you don't need any help from me in that department.

NCJACKET

Actually, you also have just lied. I am constantly providing facts to back most of my posts. It is very humorous that quite a few posters accuse me of giving facts all the time, and now you say I don't give facts. It is obvious my posts are well known for factual information.

Yes, I do challenge others to produce facts when they state something as the truth, but I know it is not. I often look up the facts to prove it is not the truth. I then challenge them to produce facts to prove their statements are valid. No, I will not buy a pig in a poke and neither should anyone else.

Your last point is so errant, it is laughable. You say, "just because I use facts to support my arguments, it does not mean they are right". Facts are the means that prove something is correct or incorrect. Your statement regarding this item is stupid and ridiculous.

By the way, in one paragraph you state I don't give any facts, then you come back and argue that because I give facts, it does not mean I am right.

Well, do I give facts or don't I? You can't have it both ways.

DAVETECH

Sure I post my opinions, don't you. Your opinions prove no more than my opinions. If my opinions prove nothing and are meaningless, then your's will have to follow the same rule. That means your posts also prove nothing and are meaningless.

You may have lied again, but I will not confirm or deny it. You stated that I was not a coach. You don't know me. You don't know whether I have coached or not. You just made another statement that you know nothing about, just to try and make a point. That is called blowing smoke.

All of my posts have been rational and well thought out. Your posts are the irrational ones.

You are beginning to embarrass yourself badly. I have called your attention to this fact on numerous debates. You do not read well or understand the things you read.

Where did you get the idea that I said Adams made Harrick fire his own kid? Maybe you need to go back and read it again. I did not say that. Maybe you need to get your facts straight before making a post.

Beam me up Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here!

spacecraft.gif

My goodnesss, Ahso has become so freaking predictable. I think we all know how any discussion involving Ahso will go. He will make a statement of opinion. Someone will disagree with him. Ahso will then accuse the person of not disproving his "facts" which were actually only opinions to begin with. Ahso can't actually have a philosophical discussion invoving opinions AND facts so he immediately judges that any further discussion by others is irrelevant, unworthy, or downright too intelligent for him to comprehend.

I don't care if you are a letter winner. I don't care if you have ten super bowl rings. That has nothing to do with how smart a person happens to be, whether he can coach or analyze the games, or whether he has the best knowledge of the game.

Maybe you think you are superior and your opinions are superior because you played football at Tech. Being a football jock does not make you smart, nor does it make you better than any other poster on this board. It merely means you were a football jock, and that is all.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">First of all... where did he say he was a football player? He said he was a letter winner. Looks like you are the one making up lies Ahso.

Second of all... you just proved your biggoted self again. By your own statements you seem to have an air of jealousy. I am sorry you are not an Alumni, a jock, a season ticket holder, or a rational human being. It must suck to have such a chip on your shoulder that big.

You have no more right to voice your opinion of any topic on this board over me or any other poster. Why don't you ask the moderator if you have more rights than another poster.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And your point is? You made this statement in regards to his "football" credentials. What do credentials have to do with rights? Apparently you feel threatened by his superior credentials, and now feel the need to get the moderators involved to verify your "rights". That is a pretty pathetic reach in desperation. My guess is that the moderators keep their mouth shut and allow you to wallow in your ignorance.

You have just lied again, unless you can get the moderator to state you have more rights than I do to voice your opinion on this board. If he says you have, then I lose my argument. If he does not verify that you have more of a right than I to voice your opinion on any topic here, then you have lied.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">you are really looking pathetic now. Another attempt to equate "rights" with an advocation of your opinion. Hmmmmm, this is starting to remind me of your time on the Hive. You got ran off there because no one would come to your defense, and now you are at your last resort once again.

All of my posts have been rational and well thought out. Your posts are the irrational ones.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is coming from the 68 year old man who claims the Catholic nation (at least any of them that has a minute connection to GT) has a hatred for Chan Gailey and wants him fired for religous reasons.

I am beginning to embarrass myself badly.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I couldn't agree more.

Your ostrich with his head buried in the sand is appropriate for you. No Jim Harrick SR. would not have fired him. But I knew this example would not persuade you one bit into using some common sense.

Well, here is Bejerk again. Let's make that 5-1 with those that like to pile on. Bejerk, you are number one in the piling on category. I have brought this to the board's attention time and again. You have more 15 yards penalties for late hits than anyone on the board.

Talking about being predictable, here you are again taking cheap shots. And you are a liar again. I am not one to bring a lot of facts into play unless someone states an item as a fact when it is not true. I then give facts to prove it is not true.

I can prove you are a liar by challenging you to examine all my posts and find any that falls under the description you just made. You will find this quote by me numerous times, "all opinions on the board are equal. No person's opinion is better than anyone else's opinion".

So, you will see the absence of facts and figures when someone states something as an opinion.

Since you misrepresent everything I say, it is obvious who is lacking in intelligence.

Since we are discussing football under the football topic, it is reasonable to assume he is a letter winner in football, or is this assumption to difficult for you to understand?

Oh, I don't have any reason to be jealous. True, I am not an alumni, I have been a season ticket holder years ago, and you have no idea whether I am a football jock or not. Any assumption you have counts for nothing, zilch, nada ,nyet, zero.

And you are a liar again, I am not biggoted. I will assure you I have no bias against any sports participant, race, person, their choice of religion, gender, etc. Since you don't know me and are spouting things you know nothing about, I prove you are a liar. I know what I am, and you do not, because you know nothing about me.

Does a jock make someone a better person? No. Does a season ticket holder make someone a better person and a more knowledgable one about the sport? No. I don't have a chip on my shoulder, but it is apparent you have a chip on your shoulder concerning me.

You are constantly attacking me. Have you ever seen one post, where I have come into a thread and attacked you? No. That in itself proves you have a chip on your shoulder, not me. Does it mean I have a chip on my shoulder for debating those that take cheap shots at my posts? No. It proves they have a chip on their shoulders.

I am not threatened by his credentials one iota. You are a liar again. You have made a statement that is not true. I know it is not true, and you know nothing about me. Again you are attributing characteristics to me that are not part of my makeup.

How do you know he is superior to me or anyone else on this board, because he has three letters. Maybe there are many on the board that outrank him in letters, not that it makes one iota of difference.

LLCOOLJACETS STATEMENT [Unlike you, I am a three time letterwinner and graduate of Ga. Tech. I have the right to voice my opinions about the administration of athletics at Tech.
You have the right to be a fan, or not, period.]

The above item proves you can not read properly or understand the things you read. He clearly states his three letters gives him more right to voice his opinion on this board than I do. You should learn to read better.

If the moderators are allowing me to wallow in my ignorance, then they are allowing you to wallowing in more ignorance than I, because each of your posts verifies your ineptness at logical debating.

We have had this debate several times. You must not have the ability to retain anything. I still have an account with the Hive as far as I know. I lost the passwords when my computer crashed just before moving from Ellijay, then the Hive changed their venue, and I have never attempted to access my account since then.

I was not chased from the Hive by anyone by intimidation, RR, or the moderators. I have told you to check it out with RR and you fail to do so, because you already know you have lied. You know you will find out your accusations are lies.

No one has advocated equating rights with opinions. I did state each person on the board has equal rights to state their opinions which is provided by the moderator. If I fall out of line with their guidelines, I am sure I will not be posting here.

Maybe, no one needs to come to my defense. I don't seem to have any trouble with the likes of you and the other four posters who like to gang up on someone and try to intimidate them. I will assure you, there is no way on this earth you or the other four here can intimidate me. You are totally wasting your time if that is your objective.

If I were you, I don't think I would be mentioning the word pathetic in conjunction with this discussion. Your attemts at discreditation of my posts are pathetic.

You are a liar again. I never stated the Catholic nation had a hatred for Gailey. I never said they wanted him fired for religious reasons. I stated just the opposite in the starting paragraphs of the article. It is very plain. It proves once again, you cannot understand the material you read. It proves you are a liar.

Maybe you need to go back and read it again. I stated the people were upset because they were fired from their jobs. I stated they all happened to be closely knit and it appeared they were closely knit through their association with each other through their Catholic service affiliations.

Are you part of this group? Is that why you have such a chip on your shoulder? What is the real reason Bejerk, LLCoolJacket, DaveTech, StatelineJacket, and NCJacket are joining forces to attack ahsoisee?

Your obsession with your joint attacks on me is very telling. It should become obvious to the board of your objective.

YOUR LAST QUOTE [Originally posted by ahsoisee:
I am beginning to embarrass myself badly.]

You have taken the phrase where I stated you were beginning to embarrass yourself and have contrived a sentence attributed to me above as a quote. You are a liar again. Anyone can go back and reread all my posts in this thread and will not find any sentence such as the quote attributed to me.

This goes beyond any doubt of the extremes you will go to tell a lie. You are a liar of the worst kind.

I call attention to everyone on the board regarding this extremely false made up quote by Bejerk to show how he would falsify material on the board.

pyth.gif

ahso, there are no facts to present on the question being debated here. No one knows how personnel decision are made. That is my point. Those arguing with you (and I'm not really one in this thread) can't provide any facts, but neither can you. BTW don't call me a liar, I may sometimes be mistaken and I may sometimes misunderstand what someone means/says, but I don't lie.

NCJacket,

I never said I could prove it. I did not intend to prove it. The others making the argument stated it as a fact that the ADs hire and fire assistant coaches. I made the point that college was not like the pros where the owner has that absolute power to do anything he pleases.

I made the point that in all my years of following football, I had never heard of one instance where an AD hired or fired an assistant out from under a head coach. I also stated I understand the ADs tell the head coaches to either make changes or get fired themselves.

However, it is still the head coaches decision. He will either tell the AD to go jump, and most likely lose his job, or he will give in to the AD and accept the choices to keep his job. The decision in my opinion is still belongs to the head coache.

The absence of any examples to the contrary in college football backs up my opinion more than those who state positively that the ADs hire and fire assistants. So I have only stated an opinion, while the others have stated their position as fact. So, I invite them to prove it as fact, since that is their position.

I said you lied and you did lie. I proved you lied. You go back and read my posts here and in the past. I do provide facts and data. You said I "NEVER" provide facts. So, pure and simple you lied. If what you said is not the truth, it is a lie.

Maybe you should be more careful in your statements when criticizing me. You could debate the points I make instead of attacking me. You are totally at fault and lied, but now you want to smooth it over and say you did not.

Maybe it you refrained from attacking me or others, you would not have to defend your words. Maybe you would be better off if you took the dose of medicine and learned something rather than trying to down someone.

Father Time

Back