• GT goes 7-5 / bowl game and Collins stays

Votes: 145 91.2%
  • GT goes 3-9 and Collins is fired

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Your argument is "x is most likely his high mark because it deviates from the start of a small sample set", never mind the fact that it would be the most recent data point in a timeline. Reducing a multivariable equation to a law of averages based on four data points, one of which significantly diverges, is simply wishful thinking on your part.
The only data points in the poll are w/l. If you have some multi-variate analytics for this fantasy based purely on w/l, do please share them.

You want to take nine losses since that is the requisite amount to fire Collins. You have a very large debt in the buyout, and large risk in stability. I want to take seven wins to go to a bowl game for an opportunity at eight wins, which could provide some stability and momentum. There is very little risk for me as the contract does not need to be extended yet. We are not the same.
I don't want 9 losses, I just accept this as the lesser evil. We're now back to my primary objection - you have a startling conflation of the choice of a lesser evil with an abstract desire. It seems like you're trolling and I wonder if I'm wasting my time attempting a good faith discussion.

Gt is very stable in complete irrelevance and bottom of the acc. 7 wins is what any coach worth their paycheck should be able to do with the talent Collins recruited. Whoring out the team after he finally meets the normal expectation after 3 years of disaster and regression seems like Stockholm syndrome. This is a fantasy about wins, not whether he suddenly learned how to coach.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
The only data points in the poll are w/l.
Yeah. The poll has one data point for each scenario. You try to apply the law of averages to future results based on stale data points not in the poll.

If you have some multi-variate analytics for this fantasy based purely on w/l, do please share them.
"If you can't prove the existence of x, it must not exist". I think I'll dodge where this leads, thanks.

I don't want 9 losses, I just accept this as the lesser evil. We're now back to my primary objection - you have a startling conflation of the choice of a lesser evil with an abstract desire.
You see Georgia Tech winning seven to eight games under Geoff Collins as evil, so the problem seems to be with your perspective.

It seems like you're trolling and I wonder if I'm wasting my time attempting a good faith discussion.
If you believe this, feel free to stop responding or block me.

Gt is very stable in complete irrelevance and bottom of the acc. 7 wins is what any coach worth their paycheck should be able to do with the talent Collins recruited. Whoring out the team after he finally meets the normal expectation after 3 years of disaster and regression seems like Stockholm syndrome. This is a fantasy about wins, not whether he suddenly learned how to coach.
So now you've moved to "He doesn't deserve the chance to show future improvement" if he reaches seven wins, at the sacrifice of at least one season. Got it.

Last edited:

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Both options suck. Conflating the choice of which sucks less as an actual desire for that option is dishonest.

If you don't see keeping CGC as a negative outcome, you may be insane or secretly CGC.
Winning 7 and going to a bowl will not be a sucky option. That’s just stupid.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Yeah. The poll has one data point for each scenario. You try to apply the law of averages to future results based on stale data points not in the poll.

"If you can't prove the existence of x, it must not exist". I think I'll dodge where this leads, thanks.

You see Georgia Tech winning seven to eight games under Geoff Collins as evil, so the problem seems to be with your perspective.

If you believe this, feel free to stop responding or block me.

So now you've moved to "He doesn't deserve the chance to show future improvement" if he reaches seven wins, at the sacrifice of at least one season. Got it.
Clearly you're not interested in discussion. Peace.

GT76

Damn Good Rat
I like my pole just fine. It was intended to show that some people hope that GT fails just because they don’t like the coach. But, only a small fraction of the fanbase have this opinion.

Unfortunately here, the 10% are 5x more vocal than the 90%.
I don’t agree with your premise at all. I see the poll as a good option (7 wins) coupled with a bad option (keep Collins) vs. a bad option (3 wins) coupled with a good option (fire Collins). Or as I said earlier, choosing between a turd and a öööö sandwich. Which ever way somebody votes does not mean they hope GT fails.
Add this option:
GT goes 7-5, Collins is fired.
I think it would get a significant number of votes, including mine.