Yates gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobees

Jolly Good Fellow
Yates is graduating in the spring. Good move for the young man.

Not sure why Sims would care what Yates does. If healthy, Sims was the starter here
At that rate he could have his PhD by the time he burns his eligibility. Wow.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
With Peery coming off a redshirt year Yates wasn’t a shoe in for playing time IMO and he’s never going to be QB1 over Sims. Why in the world would Sims leave? He’s the starting QB for a power 5 team. He would be nuts to leave. If we get the OC hire correct, Sims could be looking at a big year. If for some crazy reason he leaves let’s open the portal checkbook and bring in Gabriel. I’m really hoping Sims takes a big step forward next year. He has the raw talent to make us a very strong offensive football team.
Are we in the market for a QB coach once the OC is settled?

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Wow. Graduate transfer with three years of eligibility left. Had that ever been done before?
If I calculate right, that means he will graduate Tech in 3 and a half years. He had a redshirt year and a free Covid year. Not sure if that's been done.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
If I calculate right, that means he will graduate Tech in 3 and a half years. He had a redshirt year and a free Covid year. Not sure if that's been done.
Dude’s got life by the short ones for a while. He has two options:

1: Academic success. He could easily make great strides towards great academic success at any number of really good schools. Stanford, etc.

2. Go to a lesser academic school by the beach and bang the finest coeds known to man.

I know what I would choose.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Dude’s got life by the short ones for a while. He has two options:

1: Academic success. He could easily make great strides towards great academic success at any number of really good schools. Stanford, etc.

2. Go to a lesser academic school by the beach and bang the finest coeds known to man.

I know what I would choose.
The old smash and grab

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Wow. Graduate transfer with three years of eligibility left. Had that ever been done before?
We have several. Redshirt + free Covid year + finish school in 3 years = Graduate with 3 years eligibility left.

Also you have to remember, many of these players are early enrollees, and they also are graduating after Spring, not now. So he enrolled in January 2019. That means he is in his 9th possible semester at GT, spring will be 10th. Remember most athletes take classes over the summer because they have mandatory summer workout programs.

Last edited:

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
I really like Jordan Yates at Tech - the effort was always there. Good luck in future endeavors.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Best of luck Mr Yates, wish you could've stayed to help us in 2022, you deserved to play for a winner while at GT, but unfortunately your victories are limited to Graduation Ceremonies.

Come back to us as a GA or an "analyst" and get your wins then.

Good luck next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.