You’re the AD, who would you hire after next game?

Who would you hire?

• Mullen

• Monken

• Malzahn

• Fuente

• Whisenhunt

• Bowden

• Someone else

• Keep Collins

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted Malzahn assuming some buyout moneys remaining to lessen his cost.
Guess the whole Fuente crowd is lurking and about to make a heroic comeback in this poll .....

You're ITT.
Yes, I am. Which is why I'm not posting every 18 seconds about who we should hire as coordinators or HC or whatever. I at least know that I don't know enough to make a sensible recommendation. These "who should we hire" threads are mostly retarded posts about the buzzword name which is the reason so many schools who hired Coach Buzzword are tanking. tStan rolled the dice with a guy who clearly loves GT but unfortunately doesn't have the qualifications. I'm not blaming tStan - I probably would have bought the same line and hired him.

So yes, I'm ITT but I'm ok not knowing or making a knee-jerk recommendation just to make myself look like I know what I'm talking about.

I recall a long time ago when there were many folks on here that wanted to hire Mullen. How do you think that would have worked out? I'm still stunned that Fuente wasn't a smashing success at VT. I would have been thrilled to have him at the time. This list is long - "can't miss" guys that not just missed but face-planted. So no, I have nothing to add here.

I’m going Jamey Chadwell. If I’m wrong on this, at least he doesn’t have an annoying voice and a face that I just can’t help but want to punch.

Honestly I would go out and find an up and comer. The UAB head coach built that program from the ground up. Tom Herman is another one I look into. Texas was his first head coaching job. He is a high IQ guy who before the Texas job was considered an Offensive genius.

Honestly I would go out and find an up and comer. The UAB head coach built that program from the ground up. Tom Herman is another one I look into. Texas was his first head coaching job. He is a high IQ guy who before the Texas job was considered an Offensive genius.
Texas was not Tom Herman's first head coaching job.

Nevertheless, if we could get him, I would love to have him.

I am a bit surprised at the lack of mentions Moorhead is getting. I don't think the guy got a fair shake at Clanga, nor do I think the mistakes he made should necessarily disqualify him here. Anybody know anything to the contrary?

I am a bit surprised at the lack of mentions Moorhead is getting. I don't think the guy got a fair shake at Clanga, nor do I think the mistakes he made should necessarily disqualify him here. Anybody know anything to the contrary?
Idk if he would leave Oregon for us. If he would, I would need to go into the thesaurus to find how happy I would be

Hard pass on Herman. I’ve had enough woke coaching with this staff.

No UH was for Herman
UH did pretty good under him
He left to go to UT
He didn’t do that bad there
Won every bowl game he coached
Ever
He won 10, 8 and 7 at UT - also won 7 in shortened Covid season( 7-3)
Good recruiter- just UT wanted national championships every year
This year they suck after they ran him off
I just do not know if we can get him
Some other big might go after him

Yes, I am. Which is why I'm not posting every 18 seconds about who we should hire as coordinators or HC or whatever. I at least know that I don't know enough to make a sensible recommendation. These "who should we hire" threads are mostly retarded posts about the buzzword name which is the reason so many schools who hired Coach Buzzword are tanking. tStan rolled the dice with a guy who clearly loves GT but unfortunately doesn't have the qualifications. I'm not blaming tStan - I probably would have bought the same line and hired him.

So yes, I'm ITT but I'm ok not knowing or making a knee-jerk recommendation just to make myself look like I know what I'm talking about.

I recall a long time ago when there were many folks on here that wanted to hire Mullen. How do you think that would have worked out? I'm still stunned that Fuente wasn't a smashing success at VT. I would have been thrilled to have him at the time. This list is long - "can't miss" guys that not just missed but face-planted. So no, I have nothing to add here.

I don't blame TStan for hiring CGC. I blame TStan for putting us in a contract that going into year 4 we really can't afford to get out of. I don't think many of us would have given this type of contract to an unproven coach.

I think if we had hired Mullen or Fuente we would be mediocre or better. Sure CPJ owned Fuente; but Fuente is/was CGC's daddy. Both Fuente and Mullen's worst ever years as P5 coaches were better than CGC's best.

Back