You CANNOT tell me UGA isn't totally bought and paid for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s are 2 reasons that the LA Lakers, New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys are dynasty franchises and the Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Braves, and Atlanta Falcons are not. 1. Importance to the locals and 2. Money.

The University of Georgia has both of those. Congratulations to them. They have finally found what is so important to them, just like our neighbors have in Alabama.

But I’m not going to listen to that crap from my family, friends and people I rub elbows with. That’s not college football. That’s professional football. And just like the NFL, that has absolutely nothing at all to do with education and intellectual growth.

Just like a drug, money has claimed the life of another victim. This time it’s CFB.

Last edited:
There’s are 2 reasons that the LA Lakers, New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys are dynasty franchises and the Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Braves, and Atlanta Falcons are not. 1. Importance to the locals and 2. Money.

The University of Georgia has both of those. Congratulations to them. They have finally found what is so important to them, just like our neighbors have in Alabama.

But I’m not going to listen to that crap from my family, friends and people I rub elbows with. That’s not college football. That’s professional football. And just like the NFL, that has absolutely nothing at all to do with education and intellectual growth.
I stopped reading after your stupid öööö comments about the Braves.

I stopped reading after your stupid öööö comments about the Braves.
If you think the Braves are a dynasty franchise like Boston, LA, St. Louis, Cincinnati or NY, then you need to read a book.

And if you believe that Georgia Tech is ever going to field a football team like the one UGA won a NC with last year or today, then you are either uneducated and have not spent time with The Hill and at GT, or delusional, or both.

Last edited:

Just like a drug, money has claimed the life of another victim. This time it’s CFB.
That damn money! Just say NO!

Maybe they are just doing what it takes to compete at a high level in D-1 football. No … most of their athletes won’t major in pre-med, accounting, or political science, but they have majors for today’s D-1 athlete who is more interested in playing football then academics. And you know what, if the kid has the opportunity to showcase his talents and leave the school more educated then he was when he arrived, there is nothing wrong with that. There is also nothing wrong with requiring higher academic standards for athletes, but you are probably not going to compete at the upper level of P-5 except for the few exceptions like ND. There is really no reason for GT to get in a conference like the Big 10 or SEC if they are not going to provide an academic environment for the athletes who are there for the sports. They might as well stay in ACC. Of course the ACC will have to replace FSU, Clemson, Miami, and UNC.

They just played their toughest game of the regular season. Do you really think Tennessee or Kentucky or the Gators are truly better than Oregon? I can’t wait for some super power conferences separation to take place. Get rid of the pro franchises - Bama, UGA, LSU, Ohio State, Notre Dame, A&M, Oklahoma, Clemson - then let the arrogant crowd that thinks they can compete with them be their Wasington Generals.

Let the rest of us return to a college game with regional rivalries, a more level playing field, and less lucrative media rights. It will be more appealing to the fans and better for the players who aren’t the five star soon to be first rounders who can play with the super teams, like they already do.

Last edited:
College football has become the NFL without a salary cap. Get used to it.

And the dwags are able to come up with an obscene amount of money - likely from gambling interests that allows them to purchase an obscene amount of talent. Except now, there is no risk of getting caught because its perfectly legal.

Like I said, get used to it.

The National Championship has now become a worthless trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back