your projection & opinion

nate

Flats Noob
My pre-PJ Georgia Tech mind is skeptical and says 9. Schedule is just too tough, injuries, blah blah blah.

But Paul Johnson is coaching. So I really don't know. I'm just looking forward to an exciting season. Good, exciting football. Some big wins that we can revel in our awesomeness. And if we lose some, meh. Can't win them all.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
I'm predicting 10 wins. The two losses will come among Uga/VPI/F$U - and maybe UM/Clemson gets lucky.

8 wins will be disappointing to me. Mainly because I don't see us beating uga in that scenario.

Xihix

Dodd-Like
It depends how we do in our first six games. If we go 6-0, then I can see us going 14-0.

bellyseries

Dodd-Like
I think we have a legitimate shot at running the table all the way through the bowl. Of course, our history is to have a disappointing and unnecessary loss or two, so I'm not betting the house yet. But I am feeling really good about what PJ will do.

Valdosta_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If we can stay healthy for the big games I think we will be 12-0, but that's with a few breaks e.g. FSU fumbling in the ball in the end zone and a few injuries on the other team. Optimistic yes, but we have the talent for it, and now more importantly, PJ has given the team the psyche for it. They believe they can go 12-0, so they will.

TechFan4Life

Varsity Lurker
IF we go 12-0 would we get the MNC? or do you think that we'd have a Utah situation on our hands... I feel like I'm tempting fate just by thinking this... sheesh

gth816f

Dodd-Like
IF we go 12-0 would we get the MNC? or do you think that we'd have a Utah situation on our hands... I feel like I'm tempting fate just by thinking this... sheesh
Yes, we would, unless there were two other undefeated BCS teams in which case we'd have no shot. A one loss SEC team wouldn't jump us. Don't forget, we play three SEC teams this year...sure, two of them are "easy," but we also get U[sic]GA and by the time it's all said and done our ACC schedule will likely be nothing to sneeze at either.

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
7 wins is unacceptable. 8 wins depending on the circumstances could be ok. 9 wins proves to the nay sayers that the TO is for real no matter how many times you face it. 10 wins or better should have the rest of the Coastal concerned about their ability to compete in the future and Ugag concerned about losing more ground in the recruiting war in the state of Georgia. As far as my pick goes... Ill take 10-2

beej67

new around here
The chances of 3 undefeated BCS teams is very low. With the revisions made to the BCS equation there's no way we'd get hedged out if there's 2 undefeateds, particularly with a championship game win, a win over Georgia, and two wins on Thursday Night that early in the season to put us in the face of the media.

In fact, I think we'd beat out several other possible undefeateds in a 3 undefeated scenario, particularly from the Big 10 or Pac 10.

Remember, if we went undefeated the Dwyer would be squarely in the forefront of the Heisman race, and that's good pub.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Every game is winnable. Probably 10-11 games could be a loss. I predict 9-3. Six wins or less would be a disappointment. Seven would depend on how we played. 8+ and I will be satisfied. 10+ and it will be a great year!

stinger78

Jacket by the grace of God.
No Utah. We're in a BCS conference, with 3 SEC OOC games, and our SOS will be much stronger. The issue is if we go 12-1, or maybe even 11-2. An LSU or UF will get in under that scenario over us.

BerryGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm on the optimistic side. I can't help myself. When I look at CPJ's history, I feel like we're going to improve significantly more than the rest of the league this year.
Going into the Bowls:

1. Florida (13-0)
2. Texas (12-1)
3. Georgia Institute of Technology (12-1)
4. Pennsylvania State (11-1)
5. Southern California (10-2)
6. Oklahoma (10-2)
7. Ohio State (10-2)
8. Louisiana State (11-2)
9. Virginia Poly (10-2)
10. Oklahoma State (10-2)

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I'd say 9 or 10 wins is a fair prediction. 8 wins would be just fine if one of them is over UGA. In my opinion nothing we could do next season (short of a BCS/NC victory) would have greater affect than a win over UGA. It's why I'm content waiting 11 weeks for a bye week till before that game (which I'd bet my laptop wasn't a coincidence).

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Lose 0: I can die now!;
Lose 1: Ecstatic - Beyond Expectations!;
Lose 2: Outstanding season!;
Lose 3: Good season;
Lose 4: Dangit.

But its not just about wins and losses.

There is also whether or not we beat Uga and whether or not we go to the ACCCG.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
11 regular season wins. Seriously, no one scares me on our schedule. Not a damn single one of 'em. I think our team has learned a lot from last year, especially after LSU. We'll be the most dangerous team out there this year. Remember what we did last year with freshman and sophomores in a scheme nobody ever plays? Plus D is 50% of the game, it'll be much improved just because other offenses will playing catch up and really predictable. I can't wait to see Clemons blizt every down, and get burned 3 or more times on long passing TD's. The rest of the schedule will say "WTF? What do we do now? They can pass the ball, too?" I don't know who we loose to, as long as it's not VT, UM, UNC, Duke, UVA or UGA, I'll get over it.

Xihix

Dodd-Like
It's funny though, the nadlickers are all 100% sure of winning the game. I mean, come on. Last year was the year for them to win out of all the seasons before. They were #1 preseason, ended up many players get drafted including five in the first three rounds and the number one overall, and we were in their house. I could clearly understand them knowing they would beat us then, but now? Come on.