your projection & opinion

its just a really jagged pill for them to swallow after having the upper hand for so long...its ok though, they will get used to it

I will go with 9 and 3.
I think that is a pretty fair estimate. A couple of caveats: This team must move the ball on the ground consistently and eat up the clock. Time of possession is often an overrated statistic but may not be for this team. Last year we averaged scoring 24 points a game. We need to be a touchdown better this year because I don't think our defense can play lights out every other week. As noted by others, injuries are critical and the 11 straight weeks without a bye may prove to be too much. A lot is riding on Josh's continued development as a quarterback and improvement in offensive line play. The best thing we have going (other than clearly the best backfield in the history of the Institute) is the ability of PJ to make changes based on what he sees the defense doing. It is a wonder to behold.

It's funny though, the nadlickers are all 100% sure of winning the game. I mean, come on. Last year was the year for them to win out of all the seasons before. They were #1 preseason, ended up many players get drafted including five in the first three rounds and the number one overall, and we were in their house. I could clearly understand them knowing they would beat us then, but now? Come on.

If any team we played last year was going to beat us, it was going to be them. They were star-studded. They were the big time program. They were from the (woo) mighty ES-E-SEE. They had an extra week to prepare for us. We were running a new offense that wasn't suppose to work and a defense that wasn't run by Tenuta.

Wow their pride must hurt.

It's funny though, the nadlickers are all 100% sure of winning the game. I mean, come on. Last year was the year for them to win out of all the seasons before. They were #1 preseason, ended up many players get drafted including five in the first three rounds and the number one overall, and we were in their house. I could clearly understand them knowing they would beat us then, but now? Come on.

They know that SEC officials will be calling the game, so their chances of losing are almost nil.

They know that SEC officials will be calling the game, so their chances of losing are almost nil.

Not if the game isn't close enough for the officials to matter. Georgia fans have been lured into a false sense of security because they won so many (essentially) coin-flip games in a row, and they don't realize it. They might be in for a rude awakening this year.

Not if the game isn't close enough for the officials to matter. Georgia fans have been lured into a false sense of security because they won so many (essentially) coin-flip games in a row, and they don't realize it. They might be in for a rude awakening this year.

The only time we beat them in Atlanta since we quit using split officiating crews was 1999. The sec crew working that game was doing their best to keep Hamilton, Campbell etal from just embarrassing one of their prominent teams. Twice they helped UG recover from 17 point deficits only to blow UG's chance at the end of regulation. That crew was suspended, thus establishing the precedence for the penalty of Tech winning in Atlanta.

The only time we beat them in Atlanta since we quit using split officiating crews was 1999.

Well, I don't think that says much. How many times have we beaten them in Athens since we stopped using those crews? Probably not very many. The fact is we just haven't been beating them very much.

In fact, one of the worst officiating blunders occurred in Athens, when the refs pulled our players off the pile and then U[sic]GA scored a touchdown.

In fact, one of the worst officiating blunders occurred in Athens, when the refs pulled our players off the pile and then U[sic]GA scored a touchdown.

That's still one of the most unbelievable things I have ever seen in my life.

How is it a live ball when a guy is laying on top of it and its touching the ground?

Back