Your Seat Selection Appointment Time

18in32

Petard Hoister
Email from the GTAA re: seating assignments for 2020... sure seems like this is really happening... anybody else got a similar email?

EDIT: Apologies, didn't realize similar topics discussed in a different thread with a safety title...

Dear 18in32,

Thank you for your continued support of Georgia Tech Football. Your online appointment time for selecting your 2020 seat location has been set!

Please remember this seat selection is required for any season ticket member who wishes to attend games this season. The seats you select will be for the 2020 season only. Your renewal invitation for 2021 will list the seats that were in your account prior to this one-year relocation.

Your Selection Date and Time: early af

Account #: 18in32

Your selection timeslot will remain open until September 9th at 3 PM, but please note that it is possible that all seats are claimed and selection closes prior to that time as a result. Additional season ticket members will be added to the mix every few minutes, so you will want to log in as close to your appointment time as possible to access the best available inventory. If you do not select seats prior to this deadline, you will forfeit your opportunity to secure season tickets. The ticket office will not select seats for you.

We highly recommend logging in to familiarize yourself with the site and the selection process prior to your appointment time. Your account is set up and ready for you to log in at any time. A video tutorial on the selection process can be viewed by clicking here, or the video below.

: Simply login at www.ramblinwreck.com / myaccount as a returning online customer using your account number and password then click "Football Seat Selection" under 2020 Reseating. If you are having trouble logging in, please email tickets@athletics.gatech.edu at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.

We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on a laptop or desktop device as the most compatible browsers to access the seat selection tool. The process is not available using smartphones.

IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU READ THE IMPORTANT SEAT SELECTION INFORMATION AT https://ramblinwreck.com/2020Seating/ prior to your selection time.

If you have any questions, please email tickets@athletics.gatech.edu.

Georgia Tech Ticket Office

Last edited:
Impressive - that's early. What's your ballpark AT priority? I'll add it to the plot.

JRjr

Impressive - that's early. What's your ballpark AT priority? I'll add it to the plot.

JRjr
This is now the thread where those of you with the earliest dates can humble brag about your AT rank.
Sorry, that wasn't the goal. Didn't even know when the selection process began, just cut and pasted. Edited to avoid the unnecessary humble bragging.

Interestingly, you can get into the selection system now and view inventory for your number of seats. My normal section (127) as well as a few other areas around the stadium (including all of lower north) are totally unavailable. I assume that maybe lower north will be band (and students) or maybe visitors? There are other sections where there's no inventory available to me but for which I can still view seats (like the entire club section and a few other regular sections), but lower north and so forth aren't even selectable, which makes me think they're held back for some other purpose.

1597864371903.png

I did a quick count (but then got distracted by a phone call). Unless I screwed up the counting really badly, it looks like there are around 800 2-seat blocks (around 1600 seats, or 14.5% of the total capacity) scattered around the stadium.

Here's a view of section 128 (lower east). Other sections have varying numbers of 2-seat blocks available in them.

1597864475783.png

JRjr

Last edited:
What are we looking at here? Are the green dots the only two-seat blocks available in that section? I don't think that's gonna hold long-term.

Yeah, the green dots are the only 2-seat blocks available in 128. There will also be blocks of other sizes throughout that section, but since I only have 2 seats, I can only see the 2-seat blocks. Red dots are seats that are unavailable for me to select, because they are not being sold (social distancing) or they are allocated to blocks of other sizes. Other sections are more or less dense with 2-seat blocks, and it looks like there are about 800 2-seat blocks altogether.

I hope and assume that the GTAA allocated the number of blocks of each size based on real ticketholder info (number of tickets held, whether or not they opted in). I hope they also manage unused inventory wisely (like, don't let a bunch of 4-seat blocks sit empty if nobody chooses them, rather than downgrading them to accommodate more 2- or 3-seat people).

JRjr

Last edited:
My prospects don't look very good with the time slot Sep 2, late afternoon. Even if there are seats available then, they are probably going to be nosebleed end zone, which make my 75 inch TV and couch/refrigerator pretty appealing. Maybe people on the board can keep us updated on what they were offered when they get their opportunity.

Yeah, the green dots are the only 2-seat blocks available in 128. Red dots are seats that are unavailable for me to select, because they are not being sold or they are allocated to blocks of other sizes . There will also be blocks of other sizes throughout that section, but since I only have 2 seats, I can only see the 2-seat blocks. Other sections are more or less dense with 2-seat blocks, and it looks like there are about 800 2-seat blocks altogether.

I hope and assume that the GTAA allocated the number of blocks of each size based on real ticketholder info (number of tickets held, whether or not they opted in).

JRjr
But aren't season ticket holders allowed to choose fewer than their regular allotment at selection time? So people with an 8-seat block can choose to only select 4 tickets, can't they? That would then open up more small-seat blocks later on down the line. If I've got that right.

But aren't season ticket holders allowed to choose fewer than their regular allotment at selection time? So people with an 8-seat block can choose to only select 4 tickets, can't they? That would then open up more small-seat blocks later on down the line. If I've got that right.

I don't know how that will work - I didn't really pay attention to that part of it, since I wasn't reducing my allotment. Did they already take care of the reductions ahead of time, or will that happen at selection time? If it happens at selection time, it seems like there will be some waste (4-seat people picking a 4-seat block but only buying 2 of the 4 seats, and the rest of the block by definition will go to waste because they aren't mixing groups in a single block). Maybe they could reallocate those as "social distancing" seats and squeeze in some more blocks, but I don't necessarily trust the GTAA to be that smart.

JRjr

No. I believe you had to specify the number of seats you wanted by today. That's the way I read the last email anyway.

I don't know how that will work - I didn't really pay attention to that part of it, since I wasn't reducing my allotment. Did they already take care of the reductions ahead of time, or will that happen at selection time? If it happens at selection time, it seems like there will be some waste (4-seat people picking a 4-seat block but only buying 2 of the 4 seats, and the rest of the block by definition will go to waste because they aren't mixing groups in a single block. (Maybe they could reallocate those as "social distancing" seats and squeeze in some more blocks, but I don't necessarily trust the GTAA to be that smart.)

JRjr
No. I believe you had to specify the number of seats you wanted by today. That's the way I read the last email anyway.
Gotcha. I haven't been paying attention to reductions either, since I'm planning to attend with my full allotment.

But I don't think reallocation would be that big of a deal if it were allowed. Can't be that hard to have a computer reallocate availability of seats on the charts every day before people log in.

Based on the instructions and the video on the selection site, you can opt out altogether after you view the inventory, but I don't know if you can drop down to fewer seats.

JRjr

Interestingly, you can get into the selection system now and view inventory for your number of seats. My normal section (127) as well as a few other areas around the stadium (including all of lower north) are totally unavailable. I assume that maybe lower north will be band (and students) or maybe visitors? There are other sections where there's no inventory available to me but for which I can still view seats (like the entire club section and a few other regular sections), but lower north and so forth aren't even selectable, which makes me think they're held back for some other purpose.

1597864371903.png

I did a quick count (but then got distracted by a phone call). Unless I screwed up the counting really badly, it looks like there are around 800 2-seat blocks (around 1600 seats, or 14.5% of the total capacity) scattered around the stadium.

Here's a view of section 128 (lower east). Other sections have varying numbers of 2-seat blocks available in them.

1597864475783.png

JRjr
If the green shaded sections are the ones available and the gray ones are reserved, I hope this is the model going forward. Band and students in north endzone. Regular ticket holders in south. Visitors in upper corner.

Back