Your Seat Selection Appointment Time

Based on the instructions and the video on the selection site, you can opt out altogether after you view the inventory, but I don't know if you can drop down to fewer seats.

JRjr
I mean the email that was sent a couple weeks or so ago. It stated how many seats you were selecting and said if you wanted to change that number you needed to contact your rep prior to today.

No. I believe you had to specify the number of seats you wanted by today. That's the way I read the last email anyway.

You're right. I checked the e-mail from last week:

"If you wish to adjust this quantity you must do so prior to August 19 by emailing tickets@athletics.gatech.edu. The option to reduce seat quantity will not be available during the seat selection process."

So that answers that - it's all or nothing during the selection process.

JRjr

I liked it better when all you had to do was sneak into O'Keefe to get an earlier time.

But aren't season ticket holders allowed to choose fewer than their regular allotment at selection time? So people with an 8-seat block can choose to only select 4 tickets, can't they? That would then open up more small-seat blocks later on down the line. If I've got that right.
Yes i typically but four in upper north but went for 2 for 2020. actually made it more attractive to me. spend less money. i'll go back to four next year. but i really don't think anything will be left by my time slot.

I'd be willing to sit in most locations...although I'm too good for upper north. However, my +1 will bitch pretty hard about a big downgrade from our normal seats. I'm growing a little concerned about this...

I'd be willing to sit in most locations...although I'm too good for upper north. However, my +1 will bitch pretty hard about a big downgrade from our normal seats. I'm growing a little concerned about this...
we love upper north but we have row 1 which makes big difference to me.

Where are you guys seeing the seating map? I've seen screenshots of it but I don't see it anywhere.

Where are you guys seeing the seating map? I've seen screenshots of it but I don't see it anywhere.
Go into your account. Click on reseating. From there, click on a section of the stadium in the interactive picture of BDS. It will show you the open seats in the section.

Anyone know how the AT priority works in relation to number of seats chosen? Is everyone that choose 2 seats then ranked via AT priority? or is it just straight AT priority which in theory could have someone that chose 4 tix option lose out to to someone of lower priority that took 2 or 8? Maybe they used an algorithm of some sort.

Anyone know how the AT priority works in relation to number of seats chosen? Is everyone that choose 2 seats then ranked via AT priority? or is it just straight AT priority which in theory could have someone that chose 4 tix option lose out to to someone of lower priority that took 2 or 8? Maybe they used an algorithm of some sort.
Pretty sure the only thing that matters is the AT points of the person purchasing the tickets, regardless how many tickets he purchases. #1 dude can buy as many seats as he wants. #5000 dude can buy as many seats as are left over.

Pretty sure the only thing that matters is the AT points of the person purchasing the tickets, regardless how many tickets he purchases. #1 dude can buy as many seats as he wants. #5000 dude can buy as many seats as are left over.
i would think that would be the case but i'm confused because they basically made us lock in the number of seats we were choosing. Like one of the other posts said, if you choose 2 seats then you can only see the blocks of 2 available. And that's what I found when i logged on. I could only see the blocks of 2 available. So if you choose 8 do you only see groups of 8? And if all of the groups of 8 are gone by the time it's your turn then can change your selection to group of 4 or 2? The deposits were based on number of seats chosen as well. $200 for two seats is what i put down. $400 for 4 seats and so forth.

There are some number of blocks of various sizes of seats scattered around the stadium. When your turn comes, you can only see blocks that exactly match the number of tickets you previously told them you wanted to buy. Everybody goes in AT priority order, but they can only see and select from blocks that match their number of tickets.

I guess theoretically all the 4-seat blocks could sell out by priority 2000 and the 2-seat blocks could last until priority 4000 or something like that, but I assume they used the info they collected about how many people wanted to buy tickets, and at what block size, when allocating the number of blocks of each size.

The only variable I see is what they do with blocks from people who decided to opt out. It would suck if the 2-seat blocks ran out before the 4-seat blocks and somebody lower priority got tickets because they wanted 4 seats, versus busting up the bigger blocks for higher priority people.

JRjr

i would think that would be the case but i'm confused because they basically made us lock in the number of seats we were choosing. Like one of the other posts said, if you choose 2 seats then you can only see the blocks of 2 available. And that's what I found when i logged on. I could only see the blocks of 2 available. So if you choose 8 do you only see groups of 8? And if all of the groups of 8 are gone by the time it's your turn then can change your selection to group of 4 or 2? The deposits were based on number of seats chosen as well. $200 for two seats is what i put down. $400 for 4 seats and so forth.
There are some number of blocks of various sizes of seats scattered around the stadium. When your turn comes, you can only see blocks that exactly match the number of tickets you previously told them you wanted to buy. Everybody goes in AT priority order, but they can only see and select from blocks that match their number of tickets.

I guess theoretically all the 4-seat blocks could sell out by priority 2000 and the 2-seat blocks could last until priority 4000 or something like that, but I assume they used the info they collected about how many people wanted to buy tickets, and at what block size, when allocating the number of blocks of each size.

The only variable I see is what they do with blocks from people who decided to opt out. It would suck if the 2-seat blocks ran out before the 4-seat blocks and somebody lower priority got tickets because they wanted 4 seats, versus busting up the bigger blocks for higher priority people.

JRjr
I see what y'all are saying now. That creates some interesting theoretical possibilities. A purchaser at AT #1000 who's purchasing a strange number of tickets (13, say), may be the only person buying a 13-seat bloc of seats, and therefore he'll get the 13-seat bloc the GTAA identified regardless, since none of the 999 buyers above him can buy that bloc. That does lead to some strange dynamics.

I just took a look at the seat inventory availability website. I sit in Section 106, and I buy 4 tickets. From the website graphic it appears that every other row is being left empty. As a result my regular seats are actually not available. It appears there are 43 different 4-seat blocs available in 106. Not sure if I'll go for seats near my regular seats, or move around a little for the fun of it. I love my regular seats, but I'm also kinda wondering if this is a good chance to try something different, just for the novelty of it (particularly since I assume many of the regular folks around me that I've gotten to know over the years won't be there).

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 10.15.33 PM.png

I have two seats and probably pick nearly last.

Spent a few minutes on the sight figuring out how it will work. For two-seat blocks I counted it up; there are 800 pairs of seats.

The lower level has 331 pairs of seats; Lower West has 115 pairs, Lower East 96, South Stands 120.

The upper level has 469; Upper West has 166 pairs, Upper North 245 and Upper East 58.

Apparently the social distance is three seats on the same row with every other row empty. That's probably 4 to 5 feet to your left and right with 2to 3 feet to your front or rear.

I have two seats and probably pick nearly last.

Spent a few minutes on the sight figuring out how it will work. For two-seat blocks I counted it up; there are 800 pairs of seats.

The lower level has 331 pairs of seats; Lower West has 115 pairs, Lower East 96, South Stands 120.

The upper level has 469; Upper West has 166 pairs, Upper North 245 and Upper East 58.

Apparently the social distance is three seats on the same row with every other row empty. That's probably 4 to 5 feet to your left and right with 2to 3 feet to your front or rear.
interesting. i'm 6000ish AT priority and selected 2 seats as well. Doesn't seem like there would be any left by then. But as someone else said the opt outs are the real wildcard. Who knows how many.

Back