#19: Kenderius Whitehead

You guys giving Wombat such a hard time probably thought that Kallon would be in the NFL by now.

At 230 lbs he will probably get pushed around when they rush to his side. A 300 lb pulling guard will have an advantage. It would be nice if he could add 20-30 lbs and still keep the speed. And Wombat is right...he's had 2 years to put on that weight compared to high school seniors.

And they are 18 and likely to get bigger.

Listen, I get it. You think he's going to be great. I hope he is, but I think he's going to get pushed around a little.

Yeah - I got to say Wombat makes a point, they have 2 inches on the guy - and probably larger frames - so they can hang additional weight on.. would be better info to report on current playing weakside DEs who are killing it than HS players who probably will

Did anybody else get laid off today since the value of your degree has now been diminished? :

Quite possibly one of the greatest posts in the history of this site. Sig-worthy, at the very least.

seems like it doesn't it.

As interest, GT boards have the fewest subscribers…by far…of any ACC or SEC school with exception of Duke and Wake.

Are you including StinGTalk in that list? If so, you are mistaken. This board has, by far, more active posters than most team message boards I have seen (excepting LSU and TD and Texas with SB), including the D******t. If you are talking about the pay sites, then, yes, you are spot on and it's probably to do with the fact that most GT fans are more intelligent and don't spend their money on crap :biggthumpup:

Are you including StinGTalk in that list? If so, you are mistaken. This board has, by far, more active posters than any most team message boards I have seen (excepting LSU and TD and Texas with SB), including the D******t. If you are talking about the pay sites, then, yes, you are spot on and it's probably to do with the fact that most GT fans are more intelligent and don't spend their money on crap :biggthumpup:

This is my experience too. Whenever I go looking for other school boards, I've never found anything as active as ST.

The popularity of StingTalk and other free boards that have been around probably contributed to the lack of subscribers to Scout and Rivals, too.

BTW Wombat, do you hate our other DE commits too?

KeShun Freeman is listed at 6'1 223
Antonio Simmons is listed at 6'4 210

and just to take a look back...

Jeremiah Attaochu was 6'3 223 out of high school.
Michael Johnson was 6'7 215 out of high school.

We're not in the 3-4 anymore. You absolutely need a speed rusher like Attaochu was for us, and we are hoping that Whitehead can be that guy. If not, we don't have anyone else on our roster fitting that bill other than true freshmen.

Alls I'm saying is if he isn't 7"1 425 and he doesn't run a 3.3, I'm not impressed. He's not going to win the Heisman on every play, so I don't know what you jagoffs think is so special.

Some I get more excited about than others, but rarely do I "hate" any commit. 18-year olds are just too unpredictable. Both of the guys you mention need to put on weight - and I'm sure the coaches would agree. If they can't, then they wouldn't be the first to become a lifetime scout or special teams guys.

BTW Wombat, do you hate our other DE commits too?

KeShun Freeman is listed at 6'1 223
Antonio Simmons is listed at 6'4 210

and just to take a look back...

Jeremiah Attaochu was 6'3 223 out of high school.
Michael Johnson was 6'7 215 out of high school.

We're not in the 3-4 anymore. You absolutely need a speed rusher like Attaochu was for us, and we are hoping that Whitehead can be that guy. If not, we don't have anyone else on our roster fitting that bill other than true freshmen.

Agreed - for DL you are looking for frames more than current size. Who knows how much of their weight is bad weight coming out of HS anyway. Size is a little more important for a JC transfer who has 3 years to play 3 - because he is expected to be a player right away and doesn't have an option for a RS year to build him up.

All that being said, probably the biggest area of need for this upcoming season was a pass rusher to replace Attaochu b/c who knows how good/bad this defense would have looked without an all-conference pass rush threat coming off the edge. Could have made our already struggling secondary look even worse. And nobody on the current roster has shown the ability to get after the QB like JA could the last three years. So getting a guy known for pass-rushing to transfer in with the ability to play immediately is incredible news. Maybe he ends up on the 2nd unit and only plays on 3rd and longs. Maybe he starts and leads the team in sacks and TFL. It all remains to be seen, but I'm still more optimistic about a pass rush in '14 now than I was last week.

Back