2012 Recruiting Thread

Is anyone else close to committing?
Do we have any shot at getting DJ Humphries or Stefon Diggs?

Is anyone else close to committing?
Do we have any shot at getting DJ Humphries or Stefon Diggs?

Would like to know the thoughts of those close to recruiting on our chances with a good NT prospect for this year. I know that we have verbals from some DL players but I don't think any of those are expected to play NT.

We really need to land at least one good NT prospect this year I think. Is there any speculation on who our most likely commit for someone for this position might be?

Would like to know the thoughts of those close to recruiting on our chances with a good NT prospect for this year. I know that we have verbals from some DL players but I don't think any of those are expected to play NT.

We really need to land at least one good NT prospect this year I think. Is there any speculation on who our most likely commit for someone for this position might be?

Gamble is a NT

I don't think Gamble ends up at NT, he looks like a solid DE to me. That's just my opinion.

Gamble might be a 4 star on Rivals in the next rankings.. he's really good.

What I like about him is that he can legitimately play DE, NT, or OL.

What are the odds that Ryan Watson and Roderick Chungong commit this summer? That would be a pretty powerful DL with Gamble and Kallon.

What are the odds that Ryan Watson and Roderick Chungong commit this summer? That would be a pretty powerful DL with Gamble and Kallon.

That would be a lot of DEs with none of them (IMHO) being ideal NT prospects. If Kallon is indeed slotted for DE, then I'd be surprised to see us use two more open schollies for DEs when we already have two in the class and we don't have anybody from the '10 class slotted as a NT. Especially with so few schollies left for this class.

That would be a lot of DEs with none of them (IMHO) being ideal NT prospects. If Kallon is indeed slotted for DE, then I'd be surprised to see us use two more open schollies for DEs when we already have two in the class and we don't have anybody from the '10 class slotted as a NT. Especially with so few schollies left for this class.

Could anyone be moved to OLB? I see some of our DE/OLB recruits being interchangeable.

Could anyone be moved to OLB? I see some of our DE/OLB recruits being interchangeable.

Gamble and Watson are 270+ I believe. I can't see them moving well enough to be a OLB at those weights when they should still grow in college.

Kallon is around 240/250 I believe? And I'm guessing he puts on even more weight his senior season know that he's playing football for the first time and even more once he gets in to college. He looks athletic enough though that I suppose he could still potenitally be an OLB if the coaches wanted.

Chungong is around 250. And again, that's as a junior in high school. I'd have to watch his film again.

But even if Kallon or Chungong could play OLB, we laready have Gnonkonde committed and a bunch of guys signed from '11 class there (Menocal, Cheeks, Marcordes, Travis). And there are guys higher on our list than Chungong on our OLB wish list I'm sure.

Kallon is slated at DE now.

I would be surprised to see Watson and Chungong commit to GT this Summer...Watson has 3 visits lined up and none of them are GT.

I would be surprised to see Watson and Chungong commit to GT this Summer...Watson has 3 visits lined up and none of them are GT.
I can easily see Kallon at 285 within 18-24 months...already at 250.the kids thighs are huge!...and arms are long...massive frame.

Kallon will have 2 years to learn about football and grow more. I don't think he'll end up at OLB but you never know.

He could be, but I've seen him in person a couple of times and he reminds me alot of michael Johnson with his frame. I don't see him getting to 280. I think his ideal playing weight will be between 250 and 265 which is ideal for an olb. I've been wrong many many times, but I think he ends up at olb.

Have we put Chungong on the backburner ("Be patient, Roderick")? I've seen interviews from other schools (who have decent recruiting news for free) where he seems to be a GT lean, and I've heard reports where he says that Watson's going to take a visit to GT, and that he'll go with him. But, I haven't heard anything abour Ryan saying that (other than having GT in top 4). It seems wierd.

Also, IIRC, this is the same school where the coach talked Blake Countess into going to the Big 10. Is that same pressure at work now with Ryan Watson?

Back