2012 Recruiting Thread

Great answer!...lets throw in Michael Summers fresh off a camp appearance and scholly offer from Florida.

We can get a pretty good list if we include 3* with BCS offers. The list gets thin when we talk about 4*+ with offers from schools with top 10 recruiting classes -- which was how I interpreted the original question.

A 340 pound baseball player?
yep...he is a pitcher...and he loves Andy McCollum. Andy is the sole reason we are in on this young man. McCollum is into baseball also.
Anyway....lots of big boys battling for Reader. May as well sit back and wait on this one.

A 340 pound baseball player?

A friend of mine pitched for a small college in TN. He was well over 300 lbs too and he was pretty damn good. The school put him into their hall of fame and he was drafted by the Cubs. Didn't pan out for him though.

I think he goes to Miss. State or another SEC school...drinking ESPN/SEC kool-aid.

That would be a shame. He could really develop well for us I think. His highlight film looks pretty decent.

But I also think for us to get him, he'd have to turn down offers from the majority of SEC teams, which may or may not be realistic. But if so, CPJ would show another instance that he can win recruiting battles against legit competition.

The good thing about our standing with Jones is that we've been on him from early on and he likes the school after coming for a visit. :hsughcool:

Question for the recruiting gurus: I noticed a writeup in the neighborhood paper about Ken Ekanem. Apparently he is interested in playing outside linebacker in a 3-4 and given the list of colleges that are making offers, his grades can't be too bad.

Just wondering if we have/had thrown our hat in the ring for this guy. Seems like CAG would be all over this guy.

Question for the recruiting gurus: I noticed a writeup in the neighborhood paper about Ken Ekanem. Apparently he is interested in playing outside linebacker in a 3-4 and given the list of colleges that are making offers, his grades can't be too bad.

Just wondering if we have/had thrown our hat in the ring for this guy. Seems like CAG would be all over this guy.
CAG hits the Maryland area mainly...predominantly the private school system.
I have not heard this name mentioned so they must have known something about his leanings early on as out-of-state prospects require more time and money to stay in the game with.
I will also say that we are done at OLB this year unless we get someone like Jenkins or Marcus...or possibly Whitehead. McAlister is a DE or OLB prospect as well.

Back