2012 Recruiting Thread

Just read on ESPN (need insider access) that Jordan Jenkins, their top ranked player in Georgia, has some interests that might lead him our way:

His high school coach Bobby Parks added, "The biggest factor with Jordan is he wants to major in engineering, and that's a big deal for him. Jordan's looking at it from an academic standpoint, not just an athletic standpoint."

And the measurables look good too: Jenkins recently posted a 4.67 40-yard dash, 4.41 20-yard shuttle and 33-inch vertical at the National Under Armour Combine in Orlando, Fla.

Link

I counted our offers the other day and if "the" site is correct, we have something like 32 offers already. Do we usually offer that many early or does the site have their own agenda?

His high school coach Bobby Parks added, "The biggest factor with Jordan is he wants to major in engineering, and that's a big deal for him. Jordan's looking at it from an academic standpoint, not just an athletic standpoint."

Hope you're right and this actually is a factor, but I've seen this movie before.

Matt Jones, possible B-Back, commits to Florida. Has been a lean for them a long time so not unexpected.

Now that UGA will offer engineering degrees....

Now that UGA will offer engineering degrees....

Since it's free either way, if being an engineer is important enough to him he wouldn't pick UGA if it is a matter of the same major offered at both.

I think what you mean is no one is "committed to Tech" until NSD. We got robbed a lot more than we rid robbin'.

A lot can happen at the very end of a deal. It seems that Tech does not participate in end of sale deals, so yes, we get hammered late. This is why, when ya'll become long term veterans (i.e. old men), you'll realize that Tech almost never brings in a big boy late.

A lot can happen at the very end of a deal. It seems that Tech does not participate in end of sale deals, so yes, we get hammered late. This is why, when ya'll become long term veterans (i.e. old men), you'll realize that Tech almost never brings in a big boy late.

Nick Menocal and Anthony Harrell say hello.

Back