2012 Recruiting Thread

Nick Menocal and Anthony Harrell say hello.

Yes, actually I wasn't thinking so much about those types of examples. But the way I wrote it, you are most correct. I meant to refer to the long drawn out public recruiting battle.

I don't think it's worth another thread, but for those interested in recruiting this article on Beamer's boy goin home has some interesting tidbits on recruiting. LINK

“I think recruiting is recruiting, whether you’re at Virginia Tech or South Carolina. You’ve got to find out what’s important to each prospect and get to know the people close to him,” he said. “I’ve learned a little bit more about recruiting every year in the business. I think the biggest thing is you’ve got to do it every day. You always stay a year or two ahead and it never stops. It’s a year-round thing. Being in the SEC, from a public interest, it’s 12 months a year. The people in the SEC are as excited about recruiting in May as in February.
“I think it’s just a work ethic you have to have. The other thing, too, I’d like to say: I know Tech is doing something right. They’ve won 3 of 4 ACC championships and have had a pretty good run here. They have coaches that have been recruiting well for a lot of years and I can learn from them, too. I just want to get in and work hard. I don’t think I’m the guy that’s going to come in and totally change Virginia Tech’s recruiting. But I do plan to recruit my guys as hard as I can and make an impact.”

Really, other conferences don't recruit year-round? Or is that seriously just an SEC thing?

215 is thin for a DE and we're stacked at LB. Any word on what he'll play?

We've should get out of the 4-3 mentality and think 3-4. DL needs are considerably reduced and LB needs are considerably increased.

I see 13 seniors on our roster, what kind of class size are we looking for 2012?

We've should get out of the 4-3 mentality and think 3-4. DL needs are considerably reduced and LB needs are considerably increased.

Yeah...and we took 7 LB in our last class. I'd say the coaches are way past the 4-3 mentality. Realizing we signed 7 LB last year I wondered why we're going after more.

Yeah...and we took 7 LB in our last class. I'd say the coaches are way past the 4-3 mentality. Realizing we signed 7 LB last year I wondered why we're going after more.

Because its likely 1-2 of those will grow into DEs. We still need depth at LB with us having four spots instead on three. We will take 2-3 LBs this year in my opinion.

Could be that this guy was too good to pass. Or it could be that not all the ones we have recruited are projected to be LBs. Dunno, but i'll bet the coaches know.

Really hope we take three OLB in this class and the other two are Kenderious Whitehead and Jordan Jenkins.

Back