2012 Recruiting Thread

Pretty obvious. Just look at his offer list.

In other words, for the $15,000,000 GT will have spent on head coaches from 2008-2011, we still don't have a staff that can recruit at a high level, and we have to settle for second tier recruits.

In other words, for the $15,000,000 GT will have spent on head coaches from 2008-2011, we still don't have a staff that can recruit at a high level, and we have to settle for second tier recruits.

Something like that.

We do cast our nets pretty wide as far as offering the top recruits in the area and not saying "why waste time on someone that will reject us". We stand to catch a gem every once in a while by doing that.

But its not just the coaches fault. We are in a tough recruiting situation in general.

Not just the staffs fault. It's just hard to recruit at GT.

Just go out and say that for Blah money we still don't have another national title. Don't pretend there's a difference in the argument, particularly for this kid, who has offers from 4 out of the 5 last national champions (one being double counted).

The Excusers are out in force today.

GT has a lot to sell. A great school with a national reputation and great tradition in a great city. We had a great recruiting class in 2007 because we had a great recruting staff.

The University of Louisville just had a top 25 recruiting class because they put together a staff that can recruit. GT has more to sell than UL.

GT can recruit at a high level too, but GT fans are too busy making excuses and not demanding better. It starts with making excuses for getting that C (or worse) in calculus as a freshman, and apparently continues through life.

Low expectations breed poor results. Disgusting. I wouldn't hire any of you.

GT has a lot to sell. A great school with a national reputation and great tradition in a great city. We had a great recruiting class in 2007 because we had a great recruting staff.

The University of Louisville just had a top 25 recruiting class because they put together a staff that can recruit. GT has more to sell than UL.

GT can recruit at a high level too, but GT fans are too busy making excuses and not demanding better. It starts with making excuses for getting that C (or worse) in calculus as a freshman, and apparently continues through life.

lol. You're funny. Don't worry, I wouldn't want to work for you either.

Fact:

Number of incredibly talented high school football players that want a good college education <<<< Number of incredibly talented high school football players that think they will make millions of dollars in the NFL

Georgia Tech coach: Oh by the way, unless an exception is made you will need to be prepared to take calculus in college based on your high school classes

Alabama coach: Major in leisure studies and never go to class while winning national championships

What a tough decision for a high school football player that envisions himself in the NFL in 4 years to make.

Quality.

Besides that 07 class, when was our last class in the top 25?

Also, did you just tie together a C in Calc 1 with bad recruiting? Bravo.

And what would you do? Fire the coach that won us our first outright ACC title in a couple decades cause he didn't recruit to the standards you demand? You can demand all you want and throw all the money at it but that doesn't change the reality of who we bring in. You expect whatever you want without any control over what actually happens.

What athlete with big time NFL aspirations gives two ****s about an early 1900's coach an award was named after or a 60 year old car? The most they'd care about is how loud the crowd is on game day. You know what gets recruits to come to Louisville? The head coaches reputation garnered while winning two national championships in 3 years and working for a hot superpower team under a coach that became practically legendary in less then a decade.

If the right staff is so important in recruiting, why can Georgia clear out their defensive staff, go 6-7 the next year, and get such and such rated players? As far as recruiting goes, the ratings for recruits is not going to change much for schools outside of the outlier year every now and again. Georgia and Florida's classes will be ranked in the same range every year and our classes will be ranked in the same range every year.

I'm assuming that you're just trolling for a reaction, because if you're not, wow!

I will use your post to highlight two things: Ma Tech was a b*tch, and I'm not sure that I would've endured it if I didn't want to be an engineer. So, I give all the props in the world to kids who are there to play football for a really tough management degree. Two: Louisville apparently has a way of admitting the kid who didn't academically qualify for USCe.

I'm assuming that you're just trolling for a reaction, because if you're not, wow!

I will use your post to highlight two things: Ma Tech was a b*tch, and I'm not sure that I would've endured it if I didn't want to be an engineer. So, I give all the props in the world to kids who are there to play football for a really tough management degree. Two: Louisville apparently has a way of admitting the kid who didn't academically qualify for USCe.

Holy SH!T, you don't have to know how to tie your shoes to get into USCe...

UGA is going to be forced to offer Deloach because they are a package deal. Taylor likes UGA a lot while Deloach likes GT.

Back