2012 Recruiting Thread

We'll probably have spots for over 22-23 by next signing day.

Our attrition rates are crazy.

Because its likely 1-2 of those will grow into DEs. We still need depth at LB with us having four spots instead on three. We will take 2-3 LBs this year in my opinion.

At the risk of revealing some degree of ignorance, I think it is a better strategy to overload on LBs at the expense of the DL than vice versa. Just seems to me that tactically, you are better off with linebacker depth than with DL depth. Again, I could be off base but I think I'm beginning to understand the strategy we appear to be deploying.

At the risk of revealing some degree of ignorance, I think it is a better strategy to overload on LBs at the expense of the DL than vice versa. Just seems to me that tactically, you are better off with linebacker depth than with DL depth. Again, I could be off base but I think I'm beginning to understand the strategy we appear to be deploying.

Having a lot of LB depth over DL depth should also greatly help our special teams, especially kick coverage.

Lot's of new targets added plus our first commit, Junior Gnonkonde.

I was just wondering if we could get an update on where we stand with any of our recruits.

Does anyone anticipate any commits within the next month or two? And do we have any shots at good D-Linemen? I read that one recruit, Jordan Watkins, grew up a huge Tech fan. He's got a very impressive offer list and awesome video. Do we have a good shot with him or any other DE/DT guys like Jenkins, Deloach, Taylor, etc?

I want Ricky Parks bad. Give him a look at QB and then play him at WR.

Imani hates the offense apparently. Would've been heading to USC cause he's good friends with Conner Shaw but I guess he knows he's not good enough to compete with Lattimore. The SEC schools are filling out their RB spots fast. This could work to our advantage soon. Loyal could fill he needs to jump on our offer, with the upper tier SEC full. Who knows.

Imani hates the offense apparently. Would've been heading to USC cause he's good friends with Conner Shaw but I guess he knows he's not good enough to compete with Lattimore. The SEC schools are filling out their RB spots fast. This could work to our advantage soon. Loyal could fill he needs to jump on our offer, with the upper tier SEC full. Who knows.

I'm confused as to what you mean by the SEC schools filling out RB spots. Wont they just tell the kid whatever they want to hear and then sign them along with the other 30 kids they promised schollys to?

Cross was never thought to be seriously considering GT.

Living in Hall County and knowing a lot of people around the North Hall program I was totally expecting this. I think Georgia Tech was as well.

Back