2012 Recruiting Thread

Same guys we've been going for all year...

John Atkins (UGA)
K'hadree Hooker (Nc State)
Deangelo Brown

So, two of the three have already committed elsewhere? Any chance on one flipping? How do we stand with Brown?

John Atkins (UGA)
Deangelo Brown

Does this mean we still have a shot with Hooker or Atkins, or are you just listing all the guys we have gone after? How about Ekakitie for NT?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Does this mean we still have a shot with Hooker or Atkins, or are you just listing all the guys we have gone after? How about Ekakitie for NT?

We have not stopped recruiting them and they have not said to back off.

Thanks for the info. Maybe Hooker will see the writing on the wall for O'Brien.

Hooker was supposed to be at the game on Saturday. Hopefully he made it (and left when it was still 45-21 with a minute to play).

John Atkins (UGA)
Deangelo Brown

I figured the commits to other schools were longshots. I hope we can pry one away since we already beat NCST soundly and hopefully we can take care of the mutts.

Haven't heard much about Brown. Underrated? Not such an impressive offer list, but you never know.

Do we have any prayer with the 2-3 highly rated kids out of New Jersey?

Hopefully we pound UGA for their 7th loss like we should have last year and keep them out of a bowl. That would get Richt fired before signing day and we would have a great shot at Atkins then.

Do we have any prayer with the 2-3 highly rated kids out of New Jersey?
yep...Shumate will visit definitely. His teammate Yuri Wright is likely to visit but is a tougher read. Devin Fuller is likely to visit in Dec/Jan.

The Tyree kid does not have an offer from GT and is unlikely to get one.

Shumate and Wright would be a dandy pair to snag out of NJ. would love to see a package deal there.

Yuri Wright is likely announcing his school at the US Army AA Bowl in San Antonio. Has GT every had a kid pick the Yellow Jackets at that game?

Has Fuller cut his list down any? Last I saw, he had like 12 schools with major interest.

He hasn't cut it yet but he's going to soon...Nebraska and Rutgers have already made the cut.

not likely...he will be an All-ACC OL.

I do agree he could be a starter at NT in the future as well though if given the chance..just do not think he will move over.

If not Shaq, then who? Lanier already moved to OL, I presume becaust NT wasn't working out.

He hasn't cut it yet but he's going to soon...Nebraska and Rutgers have already made the cut.

Nebraska even after signing Armstrong? I thought Fuller wanted immediate playing time and with Martinez around for a little longer, I just don't see him getting much playing time there.

Nebraska even after signing Armstrong? I thought Fuller wanted immediate playing time and with Martinez around for a little longer, I just don't see him getting much playing time there.

Yep...he said that after he committed. Thats what Fuller said but I guess we will see if he really meant that.

Back