2020 Recruiting

Thats how you get locked out on signing day. Most schools are going to fill their class then. And they cant "make room" after NLI's are signed.

You can’t get locked out. You’ve signed the financial aid papers. They are bound by contract to provide you an athletic scholarship.

The NLI binds the player. The financial aid agreement binds the school.

In home and school visit with Mesidor. Apparently he visited Syracuse this past weekend. He also has Canadian roots that may explain some of the link to the Cuse. He has the body and game that may lend itself to eventually growing into an interior DL.

From page of GoJackets.com is referencing a visit to a "Defensive Tackle" prospect. The picture is Jeremiah Wright, who is listed as an OG. Curious how our staff sees him fitting?

https://247sports.com/player/jeremiah-wright-46081400/

Highlights show him playing both ways. We could give him a shot at either, but DT is certainly the need. Maybe a similar situation to Jayson Jones, who Bama reportedly wants on their O-line, but we have recruited as a DT.

1. Love the body language of the fam with Marco working his charm.

2. Wright's body looks very natural for DT.

3. If UA has so many DT's that they can move them to OL just cuz, they need to diaf.

You can’t get locked out. You’ve signed the financial aid papers. They are bound by contract to provide you an athletic scholarship.

The NLI binds the player. The financial aid agreement binds the school.
Well then certainly a school wouldn't provide financial aid papers for a kid to sign without him signing an LOI first, right?

Well then certainly a school wouldn't provide financial aid papers for a kid to sign without him signing an LOI first, right?

Something happened a few years ago where a kid signed multiple financial papers and I can't remember if they changed the rules or something else. I haven't heard of it since. I think Tenn was involved. Does anyone remember the details?

The other "story" I remember is that Roquan Smith at UGA didn't sign anything until he walked onto campus. He was supposed to go to USC but they fired their coach so he was sort of mad about getting screwed. Committed and promised that he was going to UGA but didn't actually sign a LOI.

3. If UA has so many DT's that they can move them to OL just cuz, they need to diaf.
If they're a good DT but a dominant OL, then you move him. Most people are projecting Jayson Jones to be a better OL than DT.

Trent Howard decommitted. Link below, don’t make an ass of yourself to a 17 year old

Trent Howard decomitted.

giphy.gif

Very interesting. I would speculate that either he received an offer from his “dream” school or we pivoted. Odd to happen so quickly after an in home visit. Whatever...life moves on for both sides.

Back