2021 Recruiting

I think after all was said and done we finished at 27th on 247 and 24th on Rivals for 2020.

Rivals had us at 24 last year and they have us at 24 this year.

This class might be a little lower ranked, the numbers aren't going to be there. Without some more attrition we are getting close to full already. However, it is still likely a top 40 class, which is a step function improvement from the norm.

I'm pretty comfortable that these guys can sell and recruit to GT, and that should only improve from here. We're still going to need to outcoach a few teams which may maintain higher levels of raw talent (Clem, FSU, Miami, occasionally UNC). However, I suppose we can't really judge much until we get a couple more classes in here to complete the overhaul.

This class might be a little lower ranked, the numbers aren't going to be there. Without some more attrition we are getting close to full already. However, it is still likely a top 40 class, which is a step function improvement from the norm.

I'm pretty comfortable that these guys can sell and recruit to GT, and that should only improve from here. We're still going to need to outcoach a few teams which may maintain higher levels of raw talent (Clem, FSU, Miami, occasionally UNC). However, I suppose we can't really judge much until we get a couple more classes in here to complete the overhaul.
Not sure if you’re talking about gameday coaching or talent development, but if talent development I feel pretty confident in this staff’s abilities. Raw talent coming out of high school and the final talent on the field are two different things. There were backs in the ACC last year who had more raw talent than Mason, but a combination of Coach Choice and Coach Lew (along with hard work) made him arguably the most proficient back in the league. My guess is that FSU and Miami will get higher ranked classes most years, but get a couple more of these classes and we’ll have more talent on gameday. Should be fun.

We're closing on players we've only been in contact with for 1 year or less. 2022 should be berserko.

Numbers have never been a problem and will not be this year.

There is always natural attrition that the screaming mimis tried to dishonestly claim as "processing" ( not you) last year.

Not sure if you’re talking about gameday coaching or talent development, but if talent development I feel pretty confident in this staff’s abilities. Raw talent coming out of high school and the final talent on the field are two different things. There were backs in the ACC last year who had more raw talent than Mason, but a combination of Coach Choice and Coach Lew (along with hard work) made him arguably the most proficient back in the league. My guess is that FSU and Miami will get higher ranked classes most years, but get a couple more of these classes and we’ll have more talent on gameday. Should be fun.

Mason had a good year, but nobody outside of GT message boards is arguing heis the best back in our league.

Why won’t numbers be there? I count 19 seniors and 3 juniors with a good chance of leaving early (Thomas, swilling, Mason). That’s 22 and with just 5 attrition you are at 27 (+/- a few). Either way, no reason this isn’t a full class.

Mason had a good year, but nobody outside of GT message boards is arguing heis the best back in our league.
He had the most yards after contact YAC out of any running back in the country last year. He’s getting attention.

Coach Collins doesn’t plan on leaving Atlanta.

I know, it is great. That is something we would have to worry about if we got someone with no attachment to the area. Curry/Ross/O'leary, they did all get really good gigs, which would be a selling point in 30 years after Collins hangs 'em up.

I know, it is great. That is something we would have to worry about if we got someone with no attachment to the area. Curry/Ross/O'leary, they did all get really good gigs, which would be a selling point in 30 years after Collins hangs 'em up.
We have a really nice core of GT coaches, we will see, I could see Brent Key getting a job elsewhere.

There is always natural attrition that the screaming mimis tried to dishonestly claim as "processing" ( not you) last year.

The truth is we should and need to process the remaining leftover option players. Everyone has to hang up the cleats at some point.

How anybody can listen to CGC say he’s “implementing an Alabama system,” watch the amount of CPJ holdovers leave, see that we’ve been oversigning, and still convince themselves that we’re not processing anybody is beyond me.

We can discuss the morality vs winning trade-off if you want. I don’t think we’re doing it to the level of a lot of these teams yet. And I’ll admit my disdain for Saban’s practices would probably start to fade with enough wins. But to claim it’s not happening is naive.

How anybody can listen to CGC say he’s “implementing an Alabama system,” watch the amount of CPJ holdovers leave, see that we’ve been oversigning, and still convince themselves that we’re not processing anybody is beyond me.

We can discuss the morality vs winning trade-off if you want. I’ll admit my disdain for Saban’s practices would probably start to fade with enough wins. But to claim it’s not happening is naive.
Because players leave on their own when told they aren’t going to play.

Back