2021 Recruiting

Sounds obvious, was this not happening before?
I doubt it’s that relevant in an option scheme. If you think about, in an option scheme the OL rarely knows where the ball is. They are just carrying out the same assignment regardless of the play culminating in a keep, give, dive.

OL coaching is 100% different in this system. Learning entirely new concepts, footwork, reads, habits, posture was a bigger reason for our dismal OL play in 2019 than the actual talent on the guys that were on the field.

UGAg has 9 commits. Anyone we can go after, preferably in state? We need to start picking at the old racist carcass in the cesspool of Athens.

I doubt it’s that relevant in an option scheme. If you think about, in an option scheme the OL rarely knows where the ball is.

If you had any kind of presnap read, you could deduce with high probability where the ball was going. Additionally, one could then read angles and body language of defenders and further deduce where the ball is.
I might argue that you have less of an idea of where the ball is on a outside zone or o-zone read play, the back is allowed to choose the hole and cut back all the way over to the backside holes. Good luck trying to know where the ball is on that one.

If you had any kind of presnap read, you could deduce with high probability where the ball was going. Additionally, one could then read angles and body language of defenders and further deduce where the ball is.
I might argue that you have less of an idea of where the ball is on a outside zone or o-zone read play, the back is allowed to choose the hole and cut back all the way over to the backside holes. Good luck trying to know where the ball is on that one.
Excellent post. And a lot depends on how well-oiled your offense is and how well-coached the defense is, cuz people make mistakes.

Being football-smart does not show up much in the recruiting ratings, but it matters.

I'm crossing my fingers for a new post by Morpheus Suddes today or tomorrow. per correction by @GoGATech.

Last edited:
Running out of bees!

You undecideds... don't get left at the station!

iu

Love that kid’s tape.
I might be reading too much into it but it looks like he has very good football instincts - seems to have a pretty good idea where the play is going before he loads up the lumber truck.

Back