2021 Recruiting

I hate to boxscore scout, but it looks like he was a lightly regarded te out of HS, played one year at ODU at DE, and blew it up. Lots of penetration and played run and pass equally well. Or so PFF says.

PS. You know who else was a lightly regarded te out of HS? JJ Watt for one.
We’re excited again to get someone from a “directional school”. Life moves at you fast.

If you really want improvement, clean out the ones that will never start and bring in as many transfers as possible. I know that will tick off some, it would be what someone like Saban would do. Bottom line is he’s not getting paid to placate people.

If you really want improvement, clean out the ones that will never start and bring in as many transfers as possible. I know that will tick off some, it would be what someone like Saban would do. Bottom line is he’s not getting paid to placate people.
After this season that process will be more or less complete.

I think CGC intention was to come in and not piss too many people off to begin with but I full on believe this is his plan now.

We’re excited again to get someone from a “directional school”. Life moves at you fast.
NFL drafts plenty of kids that bloom at smaller schools. Plenty.

While they do not like "one year wonders" they do like defenders who penetrate against equal competition and they especially like small school kids that shine against the big schools like UVa.

You should be excited to get this player.

NFL drafts plenty of kids that bloom at smaller schools. Plenty.

While they do not like "one year wonders" they do like defenders who penetrate against equal competition and they especially like small school kids that shine against the big schools like UVa.

You should be excited to get this player.
Our coaches want him and he wants to be at Tech. I'm thrilled.

Head football coaches get paid to win games. If he believes he can’t do his job with the players on his team then he must find the ones that can win. It’s no different than a CEO trying to run a company successfully.

I hate to boxscore scout, but it looks like he was a lightly regarded te out of HS, played one year at ODU at DE, and blew it up. Lots of penetration and played run and pass equally well. Or so PFF says.

PS. You know who else was a lightly regarded te out of HS? JJ Watt for one.
Also Michael Johnson

Vance Walker, 2 star DT, wrecked his way to a 7th-round pick to play DE.
VT made a huge last minute effort to get Walker. He played at a school that wasn't doing well in football, iirc, so we tried to hide him as good as possible.

Back