2022 Recruiting

Curious how the staff ööööed this one up. Thought this was a sure thing. Committed to Memphis.

Maybe the staff decided to keep Beatty on scholly for 2 years and wanted to take a QB next year instead.

I choose to believe it's because they know something about 2023. Leave me in my belief.
You got to take a QB every cycle. I know we have 4 Qb's on the roster but there are only 2 that I think have a chance to be difference makers on the field one of those is an actual true freshman and the other technically a true sophomore/covid freshman. It isn't a great place to be after this season.

Maybe it wasn't the staff that F'd up?
They have bungled QB recruiting, in general, this cycle. None of this is a huge program-killer or anything (obviously) and it's really less about Tevin at this point and more about how/who they recruited earlier in the cycle. They've been spurned (or not gotten for whatever reason) quite a few very good prospects who were all gettable.

That said, we'll be fine as I'm sure Peery will RS and have 2 years separation from Sims.

Last edited:
Maybe he thinks he will see the field quicker at Memphis and therefore he can capitalize on money sooner? I don’t see him taking our current QB’s spot in the foreseeable future.
Maybe a local booster is willing to pay him for his likeness in and around Memphis. I mean it is pretty obvious they have some big time basketball boosters.

Maybe a local booster is willing to pay him for his likeness in and around Memphis. I mean it is pretty obvious they have some big time basketball boosters.

This is how NIL shakes up everything, and it's what the guy at CFN (Pete Fiutak) predicted over a decade ago. Small schools with boosters will have a chance. In the old system they did not.

Back