2022 Recruiting

NIL is extremely overrated. I'm already tired of seeing the acronym.

The vast majority of these cats will never see more than $100 from NIL and that will most likely be some instagram deal to get them a few more followers. And if Tevin is so shortsighted that he thinks his NIL prospects will outweigh a Georgia Tech degree (or even the football exposure from playing at GT vs Memphis) then he's in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone but you has ever read CGC’s comments and thought that.
Seriously? We've been hearing how he's been an innovator with NIL and it being so ingrained into every fiber of his "organization" coupled with his ability to tap into "everything this great city" has to offer.

He goes out and bombs on a stud QB to a G5 school, based on NIL...

golf-kid.gif

Or maybe there was something behind the scenes the staff learned that they didn't like, and subtlety hinted to him he was not really wanted. You never know.

Seriously? We've been hearing how he's been an innovator with NIL and it being so ingrained into every fiber of his "organization" coupled with his ability to tap into "everything this great city" has to offer.

golf-kid.gif
Dude, he also got studs like Gibbs and Sims. Let’s see what he can do once this team starts winning and we have success. Hopefully we will get to see that.

golf-kid.gif
"Stud"? Really? Look I think Carter is a good recruit and maybe could develop into a great college QB but there is a reason he is a 3* with not huge offers.

If we had a guy willing to fork over an NIL contract would you really want them to do it for Tevin Carter?

NIL is extremely overrated. I'm already tired of seeing the acronym.

The vast majority of these cats will never see more than $100 from NIL and that will most likely be some instagram deal to get them a few more followers. And if Tevin is so shortsighted that he thinks his NIL prospects will outweigh a Georgia Tech degree (or even the football exposure from playing at GT vs Memphis) then he's in for a rude awakening.

I bet someone blew smoke up his arse and he took the bait.

"Stud"? Really? Look I think Carter is a good recruit and maybe could develop into a great college QB but there is a reason he is a 3* with not huge offers.

If we had a guy willing to fork over an NIL contract would you really want them to do it for Tevin Carter?
Next. We should blame grades.

I know we all need stuff to talk about during the off season, but jeez a 3 star who can bench press and complete a pass... We have a 4 year guy in Jeff who I hope is gonna turn into JFN, especially w L.C building his S&C program...... Let's talk about that..... BTW Jeff kinda resembles Josh, Just Sayin

Next. We should blame grades.

I know he made the Elite 11 and that is a major accomplishment for him but he was number 18 out of the 20 there. Your acting like Carter was a day one starter and guaranteed all-american.

He is a major pull for a Non-P5 team like Memphis and he is able to garner home town cred for his NIL. If that is truly the case for why he went to Memphis he is way more marketable day one there than he is at GT until at least his 3rd year hear and that assumes Jeff Sims leaves early.

Best thing that we as a program can do is learn from this and start talking to these high level kids about the benefit of getting a jump start on marketing early at GT vs year 2 or 3 at Alabama, UGA, OSU, etc. and having some alumni business lined up and ready to market.

Last edited:
I know we all need stuff to talk about during the off season, but jeez a 3 star who can bench press and complete a pass... We have a 4 year guy in Jeff who I hope is gonna turn into JFN, especially w L.C building his S&C program...... Let's talk about that..... BTW Jeff kinda resembles Josh, Just Sayin
You mean JFS

Back