2022 Recruiting

Not the result today. Your theory. If you learned the coaches put Willis up to it, would you be approving or disapproving?
Approve. Do anything (legally) that gains you an advantage.

Straight up, I thought the video was genius - regardless of the motive behind it.

I'm curious. If you learned this, would you be happy or sad about our program?
I don’t know for sure of course but I highly doubt they “staged” this in the way implied.

I think what they do is take advantage of every angle in recruiting every chance they get. So Willis let them know he was going to shutdown his recruitment and affirm Tech. We helped him do his thing and setup for the reaction shots.

That allows for some exciting media to share and it allows the staff to show our top recruit some love.

New theory.

This was staged between Tech and Willis to grab attention and headlines during a dead period.

Change my mind.

(Who ever said "locked in" premature blew the cover - :lol2:)
The didn't say "locked in" prematurely. They read it off the screen when his tweet came up.

Also, IMO this video was directed at Willis mainly (and future recruits) showing him how much the staff truly wants him here and is excited about him becoming a part of the program. It also doesn't hurt that a biGTime DE recruit, Tomiwa Durojaiye is committing somewhere tomorrow...

Also, IMO this video was directed at Willis mainly (and future recruits) showing him how much the staff truly wants him here and is excited about him becoming a part of the program. It also doesn't hurt that a biGTime DE recruit, Tomiwa Durojaiye is committing somewhere tomorrow...
That extra count before everyone exploded together seemed off/different.

I was having fun with it anyway. Makes no difference to me either way.

Dont think its gonna be GT for Tomiwa.

With Sims, Peery, and Yates all set for 3 additional years or more after 2021, I think we can afford to pass on a QB this cycle, but only just. I'm looking ahead to selling the opportunity in 2023.

If it's just insane not not have a 4th on scholly, we can hit up the transfer market for a graduate with 1 year to play, just like we did this year.

Emphasis right now looks like it's in the right place, on the lines, LB, and getting ready to reload the secondary.

With Sims, Peery, and Yates all set for 3 additional years or more after 2021, I think we can afford to pass on a QB this cycle, but only just. I'm looking ahead to selling the opportunity in 2023.

If it's just insane not not have a 4th on scholly, we can hit up the transfer market for a graduate with 1 year to play, just like we did this year.

Emphasis right now looks like it's in the right place, on the lines, LB, and getting ready to reload the secondary.

While I agree with you about the need for a QB this year, welcome to my hot take corner:

Sims will only be here two more seasons.

We also have Beatty who transfered in. If one of them transferred out, we would fall down to 3 for 2022.

Is bet good money that 2 of those QBs aren’t here in 3 years. Just the way that position normally shakes out

Back