2022 Recruiting

Then you should agtree with my assessment of the original discussion here.
If I am understanding it right, your comment was about 2022 backup QB.

I'll wait and see how Peery and Yates do in backup duty this year to have any opinion on that. And then see how the next off season goes.

Too early to discuss, and too early to publicly call out a player in that fashion.

If I am understanding it right, your comment was about 2022 backup QB.

I'll wait and see how Peery and Yates do in backup duty this year to have any opinion on that. And then see how the next off season goes.

Too early to discuss, and too early to publicly call out a player in that fashion.
Hardly "calling out". This is his third (?) year in the system, and as someone else suggested that he might have his degree before the start of next season, has a dozen (?) snaps to date under his belt, Sims ahead of him, basically undersized, Peery right behind him.

Ah... a mom joke. Awesome and original.

Ok, if you can't appreciate a mom joke, let's try a different tack. I bet you wouldn't walk up to Jordan Yates and tell him that he needs to move on for the good of the program. It's a stupid sentiment, and all of your college football observership makes you precisely as qualified as everyone else here. Congrats.

Hardly "calling out". This is his third (?) year in the system, and as someone else suggested that he might have his degree before the start of next season, has a dozen (?) snaps to date under his belt, Sims ahead of him, basically undersized, Peery right behind him.
yeah I got your point, this is the 2022 recruiting thread, so let's move on

I applaud anyone wanting a GT degree and particularly one who wants to play a sport while doing so but, yes, Yates needs to step aside next year.
We have a solid starting QB. If, for whatever reason, he needs to come out of the game, who do you send in?

This is a very good recruiting year!
We currently have 33% HLP(High Level Players) (%HLP=(4star+5star)/total commits))or 5/15 so far
(for reference CGC's previous highwater mark was 18% in 2019)
I've summarized avg %HLP in buckets of 5 for the 2020 team talent composite below,
as a way to estimate where CGC's recruiting prowess could get us to.(We were #34 in 2020 at 15.6%)
I think CGC's recruiting will continue to improve in future years ,but can't predict where CGC will peak or level off.
(note-this metric may be useful in future years (relative to 2021) to guage if NIL is causing the rich to get richer)
1-5 72 %
6-10 55 %
11-15 50 %
16-20 44 %
21-25 23 %
26-30 20 %
31-35 15 %
36-40 14 %
41-45 8 %
46-50 7 %

Ok, so by avg stars, I'm guessing Miami is the team between us and the top 3?.

We should be #4. And next year, #2.

I look at our class and don't understand why some say it's 6th in the ACC.

Ok, Clemson, ND and UNC. Who is between us and them?
VT and BC are above us based purely on numbers (17 and 19 of their 22 commits are 3*). IMO we are more like 4th behind FSU, Clemson and UNC.

I keep hearing that VT is tanking recruitingwise. Sounds like that might not be accurate.

I keep hearing that VT is tanking recruitingwise. Sounds like that might not be accurate.
They're basically done with their recruiting with 22 commits, right? We have 15 right now. I'm not sure where we're at on scholarship numbers, but I'd guess we have 4-5 more spots in the '22 class, so we could move past them if our average rating holds or improves.

VT and BC are above us based purely on numbers (17 and 19 of their 22 commits are 3*). IMO we are more like 4th behind FSU, Clemson and UNC.
by the same logic Miami would pass us, so we're most likely to finish 5th this year in ACC.

Look at it this way... they have 22 commits for this year. They are likely close to being done. On Rivals, they are at #17 but have an average star rating of 2.82 which is good for 62nd place. They only have 2 four stars, 18 three stars, and 2 players with no ranking. We have 5 four stars and 10 three stars with average star rating of 3.33 which would be 25th best.

Back