2022 Transfer Portal Tracker

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Coaching change?
No way.

The youngest Braun was a 4* Recruit coming out of HS, and had more NFL Talent than the 2 that went to GT & Graduated, so he never considered GT, his Top2 choices were UGA & UF

So even if both your Parents are West Point educated Engineers, going to a Factory to get to the NFL still trumps a 40 yr plan even if your 2 older Brothers graduated from GT and were multi year starters at GT.

FB Players always make FB decisions, the quicker learn that, the better we will Recruit.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I agree that the goal is to "get old, stay old" on the lines and it's a big difference in playing one or two vs four or five. My point was, after three (more realisticly two) years, we should have a few that could contribute. Throw in transfers, and we should have a somewhat competent line that may look young but gives us hope for the next two years.

I put niu in because I doubt they are signing the big time recruits like Clemson and the dwags.
Another factor to consider is depth. While young OL are likely coming in physically developed enough to be contributing soon, would they be able to play as many snaps as an upperclassman? Do some of these teams have upperclassmen backups for their young starters (cursory look says some of them do)? Not saying it's a make or break factor, just food for thought.

Seeing the extent of our injuries gives me a bit of hope for next year. Getting better depth I think could make a big difference, From the stats past couple of games the offense tends to do better out of breaks (1st and 3rd quarter, more so 1st) and a theory for why is our OL gets tired cause we can't rotate them as much right now.

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
What an idiotic take. OL is one of the toughest spots to recruit because there are so few that fit the mold of size/length needed to play at this level. That's why coaches/recruiters get in on those guys way early and establish relationships. It's hard to recruit OL right out of the gate, so the best practice is take body types you need and hope you can mold them into what you want performance-wise. Also, sure by the time you're 19 you can either play or not, but OL is one of the places where college teams try to get old and stay old. A 22-23 year old with experience at this level will likely man-handle an 18-19 year old every time, unless he's a generational talent.
I also second this idea as to what we did recruiting-wise, at least it looks that way to me as well.
If it were the case, it could also possibly delay when you expect to see big contributions from those recruits. We also have to actually be successful in molding them, which I'd say isn't a guarantee right now.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
No way.

The youngest Braun was a 4* Recruit coming out of HS, and had more NFL Talent than the 2 that went to GT & Graduated, so he never considered GT, his Top2 choices were UGA & UF

So even if both your Parents are West Point educated Engineers, going to a Factory to get to the NFL still trumps a 40 yr plan even if your 2 older Brothers graduated from GT and were multi year starters at GT.

FB Players always make FB decisions, the quicker learn that, the better we will Recruit.
Calm your tits, I was just playing with you.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
And that we should, next year. Jordan Williams, Wing Green, Cade Kootsouradis, Ryan Spiers, Paula Viapulu, and Nick Pendley will all be in their 3rd year. Weston Franklin and Jakiah Leftwich will be in their 2nd. If we get Tchio from Clemson (extremely real possibility), he will also be in his 3rd year of college ball.
We've seen small samples of Pendley, #60, and #72, if we're being honest it was not good.

Wing Green and Leftwich have never played, although I think both should've played by now, Green is 2 yrs out of HS, and Leftwich played for a Class-6A power in Ga , that has about 20 FBS prospects on their Roster each year, I would've bet that he should've shown something by now.

Jordan Williams plays too slow & sluggish at times, maybe he needs to drop weight and work on speed & strength.

Spiers, Kootsouradis, we have no idea what we have there, but if they haven't been able to help with all of our weaknesses on the OLine, maybe they aren't high ceiling guys?

Unless we make some late run at some OLs, we could still have OL trouble next year-- maybe we flip some guys where the School has fired the HC.

Something is wrong, we have better incoming HS Recruits at DL than we do at OL, that's not supposed to happen

GoGATech

Big Dummy
We've seen small samples of Pendley, #60, and #72, if we're being honest it was not good.
Uhh. Pendley was playing pretty good before he got hurt. 60 got thrown in the fire against Pitt after basically zero meaningful snaps before that. He had a bad game that day but has improved since. 72 got thrown into the fire against Miami when Minihan went down again with basically zero snaps under his belt. As soon as he went in, Miami put an all-ACC nose tackle on him. Not sure what you're expecting with such small samples. Green is being groomed to be our next LT. He hasn't had any opportunity to play yet because Cochran has held down LT. Jakiah will likely be a RT or learn both positions where he can sub for either. I'm sure the coaches probably wanted to RS both of those guys.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I am really quite concerned about our OL next season, I think it might actually be worse unless we get some key transfers in here
How on earth is the OL gonna be worse than it is now? No, serious question, I thought it can’t be worse than it is.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Uhh. Pendley was playing pretty good before he got hurt. 60 got thrown in the fire against Pitt after basically zero meaningful snaps before that. He had a bad game that day but has improved since. 72 got thrown into the fire against Miami when Minihan went down again with basically zero snaps under his belt. As soon as he went in, Miami put an all-ACC nose tackle on him. Not sure what you're expecting with such small samples. Green is being groomed to be our next LT. He hasn't had any opportunity to play yet because Cochran has held down LT. Jakiah will likely be a RT or learn both positions where he can sub for either. I'm sure the coaches probably wanted to RS both of those guys.
I expect 6-4 320lbs guys to give me a stalemate vs guys in a watered down ACC that is not full of future NFL draft picks, had Weston gone up against the 2000 Miami Hurricanes, I can accept his performance, I can't accept it vs the 2021 Miami Hurricanes.

Just because you're a T-Fr doesn't mean you can't hit and be physical, linemen love to hit somebody, anybody all the darn time.Kid never played with power, never played behind his pads as they say.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
How on earth is the OL gonna be worse than it is now? No, serious question, I thought it can’t be worse than it is.
Unless they show miraculous development in the off season and improve nutrition and strength, speed, quickness, etc, the OL for next yr has me worried also

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I figured I'd put this here, I dunno. Our first outgoing Transfer is Khaya Wright.

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
I figured I'd put this here, I dunno. Our first outgoing Transfer is Khaya Wright.

I'll say this about Khaya, the young man was always encouraging his teammates on the sidelines, trying to energize the fans at the stadium in 3rd down situations, etc. Great hype man and I'm sure he was a good fit in the locker room so to speak. Maybe this is a mutually-beneficial thing to help him get to a place where he find more playing time. Good luck to him

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
I was wondering where Wright and Khatavian Franks were in the whole ATL/depth scheme of things.
Guess that answers one of the questions.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
I expect 6-4 320lbs guys to give me a stalemate vs guys in a watered down ACC that is not full of future NFL draft picks, had Weston gone up against the 2000 Miami Hurricanes, I can accept his performance, I can't accept it vs the 2021 Miami Hurricanes.

Just because you're a T-Fr doesn't mean you can't hit and be physical, linemen love to hit somebody, anybody all the darn time.Kid never played with power, never played behind his pads as they say.
So you expect a true freshman with a single offseason in the S&C program to stand the ground off 5th year seniors who s have had 5 years of college S&C and college technique coaching? Just say you don’t know what you’re talking about.

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
No it's not retarded.

Also it ain't 1980 anymore, T-Fr no longer need 3 years out of HS to contribute in the trenches.

I wish we had started playing Biggers 20 snaps per game and worked his way up to about 40 snaps per game now that we are at the end of our season.

From everything I've seen Biggers looks just as capable as our guys that are 4 & 5 yrs out of HS on the DL, Ivey at 2 yrs out of HS is just as good as guys that are 4 & 5 yrs out of HS at DE
Fifth year Srs with a ton of weight room work and tons of PT, have been decimated by Jonathon Davis.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
That's not right. Below are all of our ACC opponents plus UGAg and Notre Dame this year. In this list of 50 there are:

9 - GR SR
8 - RS SR
5 - SR
9 - RS JR
5 - JR
5 - RS SO
4 - SO
2 - RS FR
3 - FR

That's 31/50 that are 4+ years into a program. Only 9/50 are 2 years or less into a program (SO, RS FR, and FR). Out of those 9, 4 of those kids belong to Clemson and UGAg (2 each) and they are highly rated top 250 national kids. So excluding those top tier kids, only 5 of the remaining starting OL of our opponents are FR, RS FR, or SO.

Clemson (1-RS JR, 1-JR, 1-RS SO, 1-SO, 1-FR)
LT – Jordan McFadden RS JR
LG – Marcus Tate FR (5.9, 4*, #114 national)
C – Hunter Rayburn RS SO
RG – Will Putnam JR
RT – Walker Parks SO (6.0, 4*, #38 national)

UNC (2-GR SR, 1-RS SR, 1-RS JR, 1-JR):
LT – Asim Richards JR
LG – Joshua Ezeudu RS JR
C – Quiron Johnson GR SR
RG – Marcus McKethan RS SR
RT – Garrett Walston GR SR

Pitt (1-GR SR, 3-RS SR, 1-RS JR):
LT – Carter Warren RS SR
LG – Marcus Minor GR SR
C – Owen Drexel RS SR
RG – Jake Kradel RS JR
RT – Gabe Houy RS SR

Duke (1-RS SR, 1-RS JR, 1-JR, 1-RS SO, 1-SO):
LT – Graham Barton SO
LG – Maurice McIntyre RS JR
C – Jack Wohlabaugh RS SR
RG – Jacob Monk JR
RT – John Gelotte RS SO

Virginia (3-RS SR, 2-SR):
LT – Bobby Haskins SR
LG – Ryan Nelson RS SR
C – Olusegun Oluwatimi RS SR
RG – Chris Glaser SR
RT – Ryan Swoboda RS SR

Virginia Tech (3-RS JR, 1-RS SO, 1-FR):
LT – Luke Tenuta RS SO
LG – Lecitus Smith RS JR
C – Brock Hoffman RS JR
RG – Kaden Moore FR
RT – Silas Dzansi RS JR

Miami (1-GR SR, 1-SR, 1-JR, 2-SO)
LT – Zion Nelson SO
LG – Navaughn Donaldson SR
C – Jakai Clark SO
RG – DJ Scaife JR
RT – Jarrid Williams GR SR

Boston College (3-GR SR, 1-RS JR, 1-RS SO):
LT – Tyler Vrabel RS JR
LG – Zion Johnson GR SR
C – Alec Lindstrom GR SR
RG – Christian Mahogany RS SO
RT – Ben Petrula GR SR

Notre Dame (2-GR SR, 1-SR, 1-JR, 1-FR):
LT – Joe Alt FR
LG – Andrew Kristofic JR
C – Jarrett Patterson SR
RG – Cain madden GR SR
RT – Josh Lugg GR SR

UGa (1-SR, 1-RS JR, 1-RS SO, 2-RS FR):
LT – Broderick Jones RS FR (6.1, 5*, #5 national)
LG – Justin Shaffer SR
C – Sedrick Van Pran RS FR (5.9, 4*, #83 national)
RG – Warren Ericson RS JR
RT – Warren McClendon RS SO
Any of those covid fr?