2023/24 Coaching Carousel

Obviously the A&M opening is industry shaking. They have enough money to at least talk to anyone (like Ted DiBiase used to say, everybody’s got a price).

I genuinely feel for Starkville, losing Mike Leach last year and having to hire a new coach in those circumstances, and now trying to move forward, tough all around

It's Minister of Mayhem 2.0 time in Stark-Vegas!!!

geoff_collins_story_memo.jpg

Obviously the A&M opening is industry shaking. They have enough money to at least talk to anyone (like Ted DiBiase used to say, everybody’s got a price).

I genuinely feel for Starkville, losing Mike Leach last year and having to hire a new coach in those circumstances, and now trying to move forward, tough all around
Reading that press release the first name of the AD at Mississippi State is Zac. The head coach he fired was named Zach. If Miss. St. fans are talking about getting rid of Zac they would have to specify.

Money talks, and the oilmen in Texas have a helluva lot more than the crooked lawyers in Georgia do.
Hypothetical yet realistic scenario-
1) Athens Community College wins out this year and Kirby wins his 3rd Natty in a row
2) A&M goes for broke and throws more money than anyone ever thought possible for a college coach at Smart, plus promises for whatever he wants for assistants and staff
3) Combination of pay, resources, and a new challenge are enough to lure Smart to College Station

If Smart weren't an alum, I'd say it's a pretty good shot. Sentimentality of playing for your alma mater would make it more difficult. But everybody's got a price, only question is A&M willing to pay it.

Back