2023/24 Coaching Carousel

I doubt he would do it but Miss St should bet the farm on Paul Johnson. He would do well there.
I would love to see it. Love to see him have another crack at it at a place with no academic restrictions.

That said, I think the changes in the rules over the last decade or so have pretty much phased out CPJ's approach to the game. I doubt he would want to adapt to the New World Order of college football. I can't blame him.

I would love to see it. Love to see him have another crack at it at a place with no academic restrictions.

That said, I think the changes in the rules over the last decade or so have pretty much phased out CPJ's approach to the game. I doubt he would want to adapt to the New World Order of college football. I can't blame him.
Never understood why running backs just didn't flock to GT. A bunch of carries. 7-8 YPC. 1,000 yard seasons.

No way he'd take that job.
Unless there is either good fishing around (trout, for instance) or a championship level golf course nearby he'd be put on scholarship at.

shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

Oh so Miss State only has to pay “close” to 4 million. No wonder they have Jamie Chadwell money

Oh so Miss State only has to pay “close” to 4 million. No wonder they have Jamie Chadwell money

"December 15 2022- Arnett agreed to a four-year contract – the maximum length allowed under Mississippi's state law – that will pay $3 million annually, plus performance-based incentives."

I never thought I would suggest that we take lessons from a Mississippi school, but when it comes to contract writing, we could get some pointers.

Things are about to get much, much worse for Mississippi State with the addition of Texas and Oklahoma. Their prospects to EVER win the SEC have to be hovering around zero. No decent coach in his right mind would take that job. Starkville is a öööö hole that has to deal with Alabama being just over the border. They will be getting a second rate coach who, at best, is looking at 7 win seasons - max.

May as well hire clown and get some entertainment value out of being a bottom dweller.
If I was them, Ol’ Miss, Arky, Vandy, Missouri, and a couple of more, I’d be looking for another conference.

Back to A&M. There’s only a few proven coaches out there worth their money. And Kirby is one of them.

If I was them, Ol’ Miss, Arky, Vandy, Missouri, and a couple of more, I’d be looking for another conference.

Back to A&M. There’s only a few proven coaches out there worth their money. And Kirby is one of them.
That would be a favor to the rest of the SEC. Just increased payout.

Really? How many times have you changed jobs to take half your current salary or less?

Back