2023/24 Coaching Carousel

Back to A&M. There’s only a few proven coaches out there worth their money. And Kirby is one of them.
Ahem.

1700092527592.png

So, these are the primary vacancies right now. Am I missing any?

Texas A&M
Jimbo Fisher out

Mississippi State
Zach Arnett out

Michigan State
Mel Tucker out

Boise State
Andy Avalos out

Syracuse
Dino Babers out

San Diego State
Brady Hoke retired?

So, these are the primary vacancies right now. Am I missing any?

Texas A&M
Jimbo Fisher out

Mississippi State
Zach Arnett out

Michigan State
Mel Tucker out

Boise State
Andy Avalos out

Syracuse
Dino Babers out

San Diego State
Brady Hoke retired?
I honestly don't see Syracuse ever recovering their program, especially with the portal and NIL.

He's in the $11-$12 mil/year range now. How much would it take to get him to move? Is $20 enough? Would $30 do it?
They would have to have a bag man and situation with the cops at least equal to the one at uga.

It would be a plausible story that MSST could believe. Tech is a pretty easy target and there is some truth to it as we all know. Tech is a tough place to succeed. It takes something very special to make magic at Tech.

The difference is that MSST doesn't have many of the limitations Tech has and he could exploit that difference to blame his failures all while using the usual sales bullshit to paint the dream for a broken hearted MSST program.

I doubt they fall for it, but MSST is pretty vulnerable right now. Mike Leach was putting them on the map and they are now back to wandering in the wilderness.

Plus, and this is important to consider, he would be cheap. Dirt cheap. In the coaching arms race MSST can't match the skyrocketing salaries. TAMU is paying north of $70M for Jimbo just to go away and will likely be matching that figure to bring in their next coach. MSST is very likely shopping in the value scratch and dent bin.

We'll see.
Geoff Collins isnt a “scratch and dent” discount: he’s the equivalent of buying something “non functioning, as-is, no returns” on eBay.

Geoff Collins isnt a “scratch and dent” discount: he’s the equivalent of buying something “non functioning, as-is, no returns” on eBay.
If you could return it you still wouldn't get a refund.

Back