2023/24 Coaching Carousel

Saw an article today talking about buster as a potential OC for arky
Objectively, I don't see this as an upgrade for any coach. The path to success for Arkansas is much more difficult than the path to success at Tech. Getting rid of divisions will actually help them, but they still have no real shot at getting into the SECCG, they're just going for 8/9 win seasons. We this year are just a few fixes/upgrades/adjustments from an 8 win season.
I also feel a coach who leaves after one year for the same position is setting themselves up for a career of that.

Objectively, I don't see this as an upgrade for any coach. The path to success for Arkansas is much more difficult than the path to success at Tech. Getting rid of divisions will actually help them, but they still have no real shot at getting into the SECCG, they're just going for 8/9 win seasons. We this year are just a few fixes/upgrades/adjustments from an 8 win season.
I also feel a coach who leaves after one year for the same position is setting themselves up for a career of that.
The only thing Arkansas offers is more money, since they have an SEC payout.

My best friend spent some time in Arkansas for work several decades ago.
He asked me when he got back "have you ever been to Arkansas?"
"No"
"Good. Don't "

I grew up in Arkansas, root for the Hogs. CBF would have to be a moron to go into their current situation. He doesn't seem moronic. They are keeping Pittman because they can't afford the buyout so I don't know that they have more money right now. They will be needing a compete overhaul that won't even start until after next year.

I still like the state but it never held any opportunities for me.

I grew up in Arkansas, root for the Hogs. CBF would have to be a moron to go into their current situation. He doesn't seem moronic. They are keeping Pittman because they can't afford the buyout so I don't know that they have more money right now. They will be needing a compete overhaul that won't even start until after next year.

I still like the state but it never held any opportunities for me.
It’s a hundred times better than the state to the west of it Oklahoma, which is a wasteland of angry white people. However, their football team is not nearly as good.

It’s a hundred times better than the state to the west of it Oklahoma, which is a wasteland of angry white people. However, their football team is not nearly as good.
The football program there is in a bad spot, like a less successful Nebraska.

Chad Morris was a bigger clown than ours and Pittman is spiraling down to that level. I wouldn't worry about losing anybody to them. Our situation, not knowing anything about money, is worlds better.

The football program there is in a bad spot, like a less successful Nebraska.

Chad Morris was a bigger clown than ours and Pittman is spiraling down to that level. I wouldn't worry about losing anybody to them. Our situation, not knowing anything about money, is worlds better.
There is no possible way chad morris is a bigger clown than the clown. Get your mind right.

Was just looking at Iowa’s results so far this year. Can we get their DC? We have done far less this year with far more (GT has 10 4* players on D. Iowa has 3)

Nope

Iowa DC salary: $1.3M
GT DC salary: $650k

Assistants are probably paid 2x as much too. Not to mention Iowa DC is a higher status job.

Back