2023 GT Spring Ball Thread

Does anyone know if the spring game will be televised? Unfortunately I have to be out of town that weekend
6D29B73C-311B-494F-ABF3-E5A347736D6F.jpeg

Don't clutch those pearls too hard, miss. You pay attention here and you might see folks called a lot worse than an asshole. Hell, I'm an asshole myself . . . and that isn't the worst thing in the world.

Look, I'm not too proud myself to think you actually got a degree from Tech. I just comfort myself with the hope that it was IM degree, because we all know IM degrees don't really count.

Meanwhile you evidence zero self-awareness. This is the same sort of starry-eyed crap that fans like you were saying about Clown at about this point and later, before in year three or four you finally woke up. People revelling in all the 404 / juice / money down bull öööö. Especially the recruiting crap . . . oh how you guys LOVED to tout that Clown and his 404 bull öööö was turning around Tech recruiting and making Tech fun and appealing to recruits who obviously would all just DIE to play ball in Et-Lan-Ta . . . as you bashed CPJ. Until someone finally pointed out that Clown's recruiting classes were actually ranked worse than CPJ's. Oops!

WINS AND LOSSES. They aren't everything. They're the ONLY things.
Well, actually we do have some wins and losses to consider, don’t we? And from those 4 wins we can gleam that the worst aspects of the former regime no longer exist and the team most certainly will be competitive.

You keep on undermining the coach and ridiculing those who call you out. You are no GT supporter, just one big asshole. BTW, my degree is not management. What’s yours? Psychology, probably.

Like most I supported the Collins hire, and like most, I learned a terrible mistake was made. I’m not one of those you denigrated above, in fact I think your entire diatribe was made up.

I’ll bet you were a buzzoff ringleader. Go back there where you irrational people can wallow in your hatred.

Careful. The president who is trying to turn this öööö around has a GT psychology degree.
I was in a meeting with Nathan Deal when he was governor and he was talking about the most sought after degree at Georgia colleges and universities. It was psychology and he scoffed at it.

Back to spring football - does it just seem awfully quiet for spring football this time? Or maybe because a lot of this has already been played out previously - new coaches, holes to fill, etc.?

Back to spring football - does it just seem awfully quiet for spring football this time? Or maybe because a lot of this has already been played out previously - new coaches, holes to fill, etc.?
Or that they're on Spring Break?

Listen, I get it. But if any fanbase in the country has learned that words mean little it is GT. We are all rooting for Key and he will have the next 12 games to prove himself. All that matters is blocking and tackling. The rest is just noise.

Having listened to Collins for three years, I can confidently say no, the rest is not just noise. The way Collins acted was not just an indication of how things would go, it was misery itself.

So even though it's a somewhat low bar, the fact that Key acts like a football coach and says the right things definitely does matter in our situation.

And as much as 1982 likes to bloviate that everyone loved and bought into Collins' crap, it's not true -- there were many people who only begrudgingly accepted it or outright said they didn't like it from the beginning.

Having listened to Collins for three years, I can confidently say no, the rest is not just noise. The way Collins acted was not just an indication of how things would go, it was misery itself.

So even though it's a somewhat low bar, the fact that Key acts like a football coach and says the right things definitely does matter in our situation.

And as much as 1982 likes to bloviate that everyone loved and bought into Collins' crap, it's not true -- there were many people who only begrudgingly accepted it or outright said they didn't like it from the beginning.
I think most if not almost all of us disliked many aspects of Collins’ personality etc., but hoped that he would somehow succeed and supported him, and by default our program and kids until it was quite clear that he was very hopeless. For many that became very obvious, very quickly. It was eye-opening to me how much better we got as soon as he left campus last season.

I was in a meeting with Nathan Deal when he was governor and he was talking about the most sought after degree at Georgia colleges and universities. It was psychology and he scoffed at it.

A lot of people scoff at psychology until they or a family member needs psychiatric help. The same can be said about law degrees.

Not saying we would be tops on that list, but how in the hell did Virginia win the actual ACCN spot while all the rest of the teams having Spring games on the 15th are on ACCN-X?
Dayum - somebody is paying attention. I was counting on 82 to point that out but apparently, he's asleep at the wheel.

Not saying we would be tops on that list, but how in the hell did Virginia win the actual ACCN spot while all the rest of the teams having Spring games on the 15th are on ACCN-X?
Lottery I guess.

I think a psychology has merit.....sociology on the other hand

Psych at Tech seems to be focused more on “how the brain works” stuff than “laying on the couch” stuff. The psych people I’ve worked with have been more in cognitive psych / human factors realm.

JRjr

I think a psychology has merit.....sociology on the other hand
Sociology - the study of social systems - has merit as well in the right field. There are just only so many jobs in those fields though, otherwise you're teaching HS social studies. That itself is not a pursuit without merit either, assuming you're actually teaching truth and not simply bent on indoctrinating minds full of mush.

ETA: Also, assuming you're not one who is given to scientism and trying to "change the world" through fake science.

Back