2023 GT Spring Ball Thread

Also, the choice was very the correct one and so far is turning out well. I guess you’re crushed.
It's turning out better than the previous choice. That, however, is a low bar.
I hope it turns out well. I still have my doubts. But I have hope.

It's turning out better than the previous choice. That, however, is a low bar.
I hope it turns out well. I still have my doubts. But I have hope.
I think Batt did a good job with the hand that was dealt. Now we’ll see if Key holds up his end of the bargain.
I’ve been a GT fan far too long to be certain of anything, but I’m hopeful as well.

I think Batt did a good job with the hand that was dealt. Now we’ll see if Key holds up his end of the bargain.
I’ve been a GT fan far too long to be certain of anything, but I’m hopeful as well.
I think Batt hasn't struck out on any big move yet. So far, they're solid hits. We'll wait to see if they're home run hires. Hope they are.
And that concludes today's labored J Batt baseball metaphors. We'll see you next time on ...

StingTalk Moms!

(StingTalk Moms is brought to you by My Pillow ... and by Massengill... also brought to you in part by ... bottles of cheap red wine and forhims.com).

That’s something that has always perplexed me; fans always want to go for the TD (or 1st or whatever) in a game. Some coach (maybe Collins maybe not) saw something that made them change his mind; why do you say he “listened to the fans” on the decision not to kick?

Oh, and FYI, outside of a few boosters and insider’s input, Batt didn’t decide on Key because of listening to the fans.

Also, the choice was very the correct one and so far is turning out well. I guess you’re crushed.

"why do you say he “listened to the fans” on the decision not to kick?"

Did you watch the ööööing game?

If so and you have to ask, you're truly hopeless.

BTW, A-hole, I hope it turns out well. It's my Alma Mater. I want them to win every ööööing game all the time. But on what basis are you saying "so far is turning out well?" Pretty sure they haven't played one ööööing game yet since he got the job. So the jury isn't out - it hasn't even been presented with the evidence yet!

That’s something that has always perplexed me; fans always want to go for the TD (or 1st or whatever) in a game. Some coach (maybe Collins maybe not) saw something that made them change his mind; why do you say he “listened to the fans” on the decision not to kick?

Oh, and FYI, outside of a few boosters and insider’s input, Batt didn’t decide on Key because of listening to the fans.

I was at the game, like 4 rows up, tech sideline, on that end of the field. I had an almost literal front row view. He definitely changed his mind because of the fan reaction. Was hilarious if not so damn pathetic. My first taste of the clown show, and it was up close and personal.

I remember when Coach Clown "paid attention to the fans" against Northern Illinois. That didn't turn out too well, either.

Because a flat record at Tulane is so attractive in a guy 3 years from retirement.

Because we lined up to kick and then the fans booed, and CGC called a timeout and we went for the TD. (I think we had a TO on downs.)
1680709794384.png

I was at the game, like 4 rows up, tech sideline, on that end of the field. I had an almost literal front row view. He definitely changed his mind because of the fan reaction. Was hilarious if not so damn pathetic. My first taste of the clown show, and it was up close and personal.

Because we lined up to kick and then the fans booed, and CGC called a timeout and we went for the TD. (I think we had a TO on downs.)
1680709794384.png

I was there right on the SW row 9 25 yard line. He absolutely changed the play when the fans started booing.

Of course he changed the play because of fan reaction. Didn't even have to be at the game to see that. It was obvious on TV.

GEETEELEE just beclowned himself. Again.

Pretty sure 82Jacket is familiar with the telivisation of all of our games - he never misses one on TV.
YouTubeTV says it is being televised on the ACC Network on Tuesday, April 18 at 11 AM EDT. In the past, though, tACCN has replayed the game several times.

You're welcome. :)

BTW, A-hole, I hope it turns out well. It's my Alma Mater.
Lol. Looks who’s calling others an asshole. I hate that your and my alma mater are the same. Embarrassing.
But on what basis are you saying "so far is turning out well?
1. He saying the right things and clearly establishing his philosophy. His interviews are solid with considered responses
2. He’s brought in quality asst coaches who are respected with solid resumes.
3. He’s gotten some top recruits to at least visit and consider Tech.

Until game time, it’s all we got to go on and as I said so far so good.

Lol. Looks who’s calling others an asshole. I hate that your and my alma mater are the same. Embarrassing.

1. He saying the right things and clearly establishing his philosophy. His interviews are solid with considered responses

Listen, I get it. But if any fanbase in the country has learned that words mean little it is GT. We are all rooting for Key and he will have the next 12 games to prove himself. All that matters is blocking and tackling. The rest is just noise.

Don't clutch those pearls too hard, miss. You pay attention here and you might see folks called a lot worse than an asshole. Hell, I'm an asshole myself . . . and that isn't the worst thing in the world.

Look, I'm not too proud myself to think you actually got a degree from Tech. I just comfort myself with the hope that it was IM degree, because we all know IM degrees don't really count.

Meanwhile you evidence zero self-awareness. This is the same sort of starry-eyed crap that fans like you were saying about Clown at about this point and later, before in year three or four you finally woke up. People revelling in all the 404 / juice / money down bull öööö. Especially the recruiting crap . . . oh how you guys LOVED to tout that Clown and his 404 bull öööö was turning around Tech recruiting and making Tech fun and appealing to recruits who obviously would all just DIE to play ball in Et-Lan-Ta . . . as you bashed CPJ. Until someone finally pointed out that Clown's recruiting classes were actually ranked worse than CPJ's. Oops!

WINS AND LOSSES. They aren't everything. They're the ONLY things.

Meanwhile you evidence zero self-awareness. This is the same sort of starry-eyed crap that fans like you were saying about Clown at about this point and later, before in year three or four you finally woke up. People revelling in all the 404 / juice / money down bull öööö. Especially the recruiting crap . . . oh how you guys LOVED to tout that Clown and his 404 bull öööö was turning around Tech recruiting and making Tech fun and appealing to recruits who obviously would all just DIE to play ball in Et-Lan-Ta . . . as you bashed CPJ. Until someone finally pointed out that Clown's recruiting classes were actually ranked worse than CPJ's. Oops!

WINS AND LOSSES. They aren't everything. They're the ONLY things.
I'm not one who took years to dislike the direction of the program under the prior coach. It was obvious to me that I didn't want him here shortly after he was hired. He was truly dead to me the very first time I heard 'Money Down' blaring throughout the stadium.

You're right to be skeptical the team's ability to have a transcendent rise under CBK, but his actions to date, including the way the team closed out the season under his interim status, has been very positive and aligns with my (our) vision on how this program should be run. You say that wins and losses are the only things, but had we been winning the last four years, I doubt I would have enjoyed it very much. I won't enjoy continual losing under CBK either, but there is more reason for optimism than you are showing right now.

Back