2023 GT Spring Ball Thread

I liked the Key hire before, more obsessed with it after the final 90 seconds of this media session. Forwarded it to my GT buddies and labeled it as Must See.
Also, his management approach of seeking different opinions and fostering an environment where people are free to disagree. Then further, coming out in public (to the team) as one voice.

That's leadership.

If this is truly how things are being run, buckle up, boys. We goin' for a ride.

Also, his management approach of seeking different opinions and fostering an environment where people are free to disagree. Then further, coming out in public (to the team) as one voice.

That's leadership.

If this is truly how things are being run, buckle up, boys. We goin' for a ride.
The funny thing is…this is probably how basically everyone college program is run but we got used to clown show and this seems prophetic now. Key isn’t blowing smoke up anyone’s ass. He isn’t setting the expectations low either like both Goof and Pastner always did to cover themselves if they had bad seasons which is just so pathetic.

Dammit!!! Compton just reinjured his hammy.
Sad. He was really getting hot again. Gonna be hard to get him back at full speed this year.

looking at the roster we have one long snapper and one punter. I presume we have emergency back ups for both.

sunglasses_heart_print.png

Sometimes I wonder how close we were to hiring Fritz. Glad we didn't - but I wonder how close it was.
My impression was that he had the papers in hand, but the offer was contingent on him signing before Tulane's bowl game and he declined. I'd rather have Key anyway.

My impression was that he had the papers in hand, but the offer was contingent on him signing before Tulane's bowl game and he declined. I'd rather have Key anyway.

The best thing that came out of it was J paid attention to the fans, and pretty quick too.

I remember when Coach Clown "paid attention to the fans" against Northern Illinois. That didn't turn out too well, either.
That’s something that has always perplexed me; fans always want to go for the TD (or 1st or whatever) in a game. Some coach (maybe Collins maybe not) saw something that made them change his mind; why do you say he “listened to the fans” on the decision not to kick?

Oh, and FYI, outside of a few boosters and insider’s input, Batt didn’t decide on Key because of listening to the fans.

Also, the choice was very the correct one and so far is turning out well. I guess you’re crushed.

Back