2024 Recruiting

Agree completely. I was in the fire CBK camp too. Just couldn’t understand how our OL could be THAT bad. Didn’t realize how much of a negative impact the practice culture had on every unit.

OL was one of the position groups that actually had to make adjustments to the very fundamentals of how they play with the change in offense as well. It's gonna be tough to make those adjustments if there's no practice.

I was right there with you regarding frustration with the OL play. The drastic improvement a few games in last season is pretty strong evidence that CBK was not the problem. At least that's what I'm telling myself until I see reason to believe otherwise.

Agree completely. I was in the fire CBK camp too. Just couldn’t understand how our OL could be THAT bad. Didn’t realize how much of a negative impact the practice culture had on every unit.
I remember how badly I wanted Andrew Thacker to get the axe. Thought he was an absolute joke considering we had one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. But it turns out that was also The Clown’s fault.

I remember how badly I wanted Andrew Thacker to get the axe. Thought he was an absolute joke considering we had one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. But it turns out that was also The Clown’s fault.
Agree, and Thacker sounded like he knew what he was talking about from the beginning. The results just didn’t match up.

We would do that why? Tradition? Virtue?

Because the Hill controls the school. You are likely right about where collegiate athletics at the highest level is headed (throw in a made for TV super league as well). Given my experience at GT, I would be pretty shocked if the school decided to compete in such a set up where the kids have no affiliation to the school other than the jersey they wear.

Because the Hill controls the school. You are likely right about where collegiate athletics at the highest level is headed (throw in a made for TV super league as well). Given my experience at GT, I would be pretty shocked if the school decided to compete in such a set up where the kids have no affiliation to the school other than the jersey they wear.

I don't think you are going to have to worry about that because I don't think we will be invited. What are we saying? 32 teams? There are 32 teams more attractive for that.

Misleading when it's based on number of commits. We just have more commits sooner than some other schools
First, that's mentioned several times in the article (and this board). Second, we are currently ranked above UNC (23 commits), Duke (20 commits), and Pitt (20 commits). Wake (18 commits) and Syracuse (16 commits) are unlikely to catch us. Miami will definitely pass us. Virginia Tech and Louisville are likely to pass us too. I would take 6th in the conference in recruiting this year given the results of recent years.

OL was one of the position groups that actually had to make adjustments to the very fundamentals of how they play with the change in offense as well. It's gonna be tough to make those adjustments if there's no practice.

I was right there with you regarding frustration with the OL play. The drastic improvement a few games in last season is pretty strong evidence that CBK was not the problem. At least that's what I'm telling myself until I see reason to believe otherwise.

The OL coach was not the problem until he wasn’t…got it

First, that's mentioned several times in the article (and this board). Second, we are currently ranked above UNC (23 commits), Duke (20 commits), and Pitt (20 commits). Wake (18 commits) and Syracuse (16 commits) are unlikely to catch us. Miami will definitely pass us. Virginia Tech and Louisville are likely to pass us too. I would take 6th in the conference in recruiting this year given the results of recent years.

Yep. It's also about needs. GOL and CPJ and every coach will tell you that needs have to be met first but this year when we flipped the 4* WR from ND in a position there wasn't a need we were OK with it. We have a very solid class for his first year and this is only the beginning. I've said before, I'm concerned with keeping this coaching and recruiting staff in tact for at least a few cycles but I know that world is so fluid. We string a solid season this year, and players will continue to take note what we're doing here.

I don't get too excited about recruiting anymore. Let's just hope if they come to Tech and show out they don't transfer. The next few years should let us know if we are just a farm team or not. Hopefully we can start hanging on to the good ones.

Last year our talent composite was 5th in ACC so 6th would be a decline.

The talent composite shown in link appears to be based on current roster - 5 of the 20 four stars are recent roster additions(blaylock, Leary, king, white, Cooley) and 7 others are transfers. So, only 8 of the 20 four stars are GT recruits. So, the current class with 4 four stars is pretty big considering recent performance and should only improve our talent composite.

I don't think you are going to have to worry about that because I don't think we will be invited. What are we saying? 32 teams? There are 32 teams more attractive for that.

Do you really think it starts and ends with a single "super league?" Every school that wanted an invite will start another one. There's no avoiding this. Tech knows this train is coming, and again, I'd be surprised and disappointed if they opted out. You've effectively killed athletics and gone all-in on intramurals.

Last year our talent composite was 5th in ACC so 6th would be a decline.

Last year's recruiting class was 12th in the ACC. That is the apples to apples comparison

Back