2024 Recruiting

Hopefully yesterday shows the defensive recruits that we have turned a corner. I'd like to think keeping Thacker helps show that we have some loyalty to those who join our team.
I think Thacker's secret power is the game planning that comes from thoroughly analyzing the other guy's offense. I think his Kryptonite is when the other guy started to pull stuff from their bag of tricks - we just couldn't make the real time adjustments to keep up. So it's not like he's not a good coach- just maybe better M-F than on Saturday.

Did y'all see Sherrer during the game? He was shifting gears, dropping the clutch, hitting the left blinker then turning right - he was into the game inside the game.

Like Iron Mike said - everybody's got a plan till they get popped in the mouth. Sherrer was all about "my plan is to kick your ass" and he was fine shifting gears as the game progressed. So with what 3 days to figure out how to work together, they did the unthinkable:

Before our game, Miami, had thrown 1 interception in 16 quarters; we got 3 piks in 4 quarters. Before our game, they scored 22 TDs - that's over 5 TDs per game. We held them to 2.

So credit them for screwing up with a few seconds left. They played for 59 minutes. We played for 60 minutes.

Damn. He jumped from obscurity to #223. Nice.
1697201026960.gif

LSU is making a push for commit LB Taj Boyd... it doesn't help he's a Louisiana kid either.

Back