2024 Recruiting

IMG_5281.jpeg
DT Marcus Downs has de-committed.

Apparently he has had a poor season that doesn’t match his rating. So the team is looking elsewhere. Wish the best for the kid.

DL are the personnel we need most and that's where our decommitments are happening. Great

DL are the personnel we need most and that's where our decommitments are happening. Great
I don't think we should be too surprised at such with the change at the DC, defensive players likely committed in large part to Thacker, and with the status of the DC for next year in flux, their re-evaluating makes sense at a certain level. Players commit to coaches sometimes more than programs.
I suspect that was why Thacker was retained as DC in the first place, to maintain recruiting continuity. Didn't work out, obviously, and the change was a good and necessary one, but perhaps should have happened back in January, not October.

I don't think we should be too surprised at such with the change at the DC, defensive players likely committed in large part to Thacker, and with the status of the DC for next year in flux, their re-evaluating makes sense at a certain level. Players commit to coaches sometimes more than programs.
I suspect that was why Thacker was retained as DC in the first place, to maintain recruiting continuity. Didn't work out, obviously, and the change was a good and necessary one, but perhaps should have happened back in January, not October.
Why wouldn't Coleman be the primary recruiter for defensive linemen?

Back