2024 Recruiting

Just remember that when a guy "decommits" he is not always doing so because he wants to. (Wadle, Downs, Gaston)
And this is the interesting thing. People get so upset when players like CJ decommit, but don’t mind when the staff more or less does the same thing to a kid committed. Funny how the whole recruiting game pulls out emotions.

And this is the interesting thing. People get so upset when players like CJ decommit, but don’t mind when the staff more or less does the same thing to a kid committed. Funny how the whole recruiting game pulls out emotions. assumptions to compensate for not knowing what's really going on.

Whatever makes you feel better. Recruiting goes both ways, staffs and kids change their minds. But sure. You’re right. :facepalm:

And this is the interesting thing. People get so upset when players like CJ decommit, but don’t mind when the staff more or less does the same thing to a kid committed. Funny how the whole recruiting game pulls out emotions.
Agreed. Sometimes the program has the leverage, sometimes the kids do. Not all offers are the same, not all commitments are the same.

In your opinion which of these were the coaches cutting loose?
Sounds like all three from what I read.

really need a new word rather than "commitment"

They are only "committed" until one side or the other gets a better offer. Hopefully it is because we have better options in mind.
To be fair that’s just short for a verbal commitment. Cue everyone saying they’re men of their word, but…. Agreements change all the time because circumstances change, even written contracts.

To be fair that’s just short for a verbal commitment. Cue everyone saying they’re men of their word, but…. Agreements change all the time because circumstances change, even written contracts.
At least you can't phone those in

really need a new word rather than "commitment"

They are only "committed" until one side or the other gets a better offer. Hopefully it is because we have better options in mind.
I would like to submit a new word for committed. Since the commitment is only in the preliminary stage until the document is signed we could call it a prelim.

I would like to submit a new word for committed. Since the commitment is only in the preliminary stage until the document is signed we could call it a prelim.

What's the difference between the pig and the chicken at breakfast? The chicken is participating (eggs); the pig is committed (bacon). Yeah, this adage was way before CFA breakfast biscuits - give me some latitude here.

How about we say they are at the "chicken" stage? Rating services can just put a chicken icon on their profile.

We need bigger LBs.
THIS!!!! I like having the Charlie Thomas type to run sideline to sideline as an OLB but man i would love to have the Payton Wilson/Manti Teo type to tackle downhill inside the tackles and not give our pitiful safeties even a chance to whiff on the back end

THIS!!!! I like having the Charlie Thomas type to run sideline to sideline as an OLB but man i would love to have the Payton Wilson/Manti Teo type to tackle downhill inside the tackles and not give our pitiful safeties even a chance to whiff on the back end
*get bulldozed by the BGSU QB walking into the endzone

I was watching the game of the week on GBTV between Peachtree Ridge and Norcross They have a halftime segment that is like "please sign me" These kids either don't have offers or they are small college offers. The kids on film could help our program. Instead, they will end up signing with programs like Ga State or Ga Southern and we will be watching their games scratching our heads wondering why we didn't recruit them? GT needs to start taking chances with these type kids that will come in with chips on their shoulders trying to make a point. Give me these type players that want to come to GT and play with bad intentions, instead of these prima donnas that think the program should bow down to them.

I was watching the game of the week on GBTV between Peachtree Ridge and Norcross They have a halftime segment that is like "please sign me" These kids either don't have offers or they are small college offers. The kids on film could help our program. Instead, they will end up signing with programs like Ga State or Ga Southern and we will be watching their games scratching our heads wondering why we didn't recruit them? GT needs to start taking chances with these type kids that will come in with chips on their shoulders trying to make a point. Give me these type players that want to come to GT and play with bad intentions, instead of these prima donnas that think the program should bow down to them.

So we should forego the 3, 4 and 5 star players and go for kids begging schools to take them?

Back