2024 Recruiting

Look at the dates Cut and KW joined those universities. You act like both were turned around quickly. And Utah didn't need a turnaround. Your equivalence is false.
The equivalence to GT and Utah as far as the CFB tier is accurate. GT from GOL through CCG to CPJ was on same level with Utah who went from G5 to P5 status. The last 4+ years have been an aberration of the consistency GT had from 1997 through 2018. Utah does have a few more good seasons during that timespan, but Utah isn’t viewed as a Top 15 program nationally. And again, you need to look at the fact they were G5 for 8 years before becoming a P5 program during the 20 year window you’re talking about.

They are viewed as a solid program, like GT was for 21 years. Each team had some losing seasons during their sustained level of success.

The equivalence to GT and Utah as far as the CFB tier is accurate. GT from GOL through CCG to CPJ was on same level with Utah who went from G5 to P5 status. The last 4+ years have been an aberration of the consistency GT had from 1997 through 2018. Utah does have a few more good seasons during that timespan, but Utah isn’t viewed as a Top 15 program nationally. And again, you need to look at the fact they were G5 for 8 years before becoming a P5 program during the 20 year window you’re talking about.

They are viewed as a solid program, like GT was for 21 years. Each team had some losing seasons during their sustained level of success.

I don't know if you are implying Tech had achieved status as a top 15 program, but numbers don't bear that out.

1997-2018:

Utah
Ranked in AP top 25 poll in 10 seasons (5 in G5, 5 in P5)
Finished in AP top 25 7 seasons (2x 2014-18)
Highest AP finishes: #2, #4 (as G5)
Fiesta Bowl & Sugar Bowl wins
4 losing seasons - 2 before Urban Meyer; years 2 & 3 after moving up to P5 under CKW

Tech
Ranked in AP top 25 poll in 14 seasons
Finished in AP top 25 8 seasons (none since 2014)
Highest AP finishes: #8 (2014), #9 (1998)
Two Orange Bowls: 1-1 record
3 losing seasons - all under CPJ

Utah: Nationally recognized as G5 program that could compete and win against P5 teams. Moved up to P5 and has continued that.
Tech: Had a nice run of making the AP 25 from 1997-2015, but only finished in top 25 3 times in 2001-18 (compared to 7 for Utah).

I don't know if you are implying Tech had achieved status as a top 15 program, but numbers don't bear that out.

1997-2018:

Utah
Ranked in AP top 25 poll in 10 seasons (5 in G5, 5 in P5)
Finished in AP top 25 7 seasons (2x 2014-18)
Highest AP finishes: #2, #4 (as G5)
Fiesta Bowl & Sugar Bowl wins
4 losing seasons - 2 before Urban Meyer; years 2 & 3 after moving up to P5 under CKW

Tech
Ranked in AP top 25 poll in 14 seasons
Finished in AP top 25 8 seasons (none since 2014)
Highest AP finishes: #8 (2014), #9 (1998)
Two Orange Bowls: 1-1 record
3 losing seasons - all under CPJ

Utah: Nationally recognized as G5 program that could compete and win against P5 teams. Moved up to P5 and has continued that.
Tech: Had a nice run of making the AP 25 from 1997-2015, but only finished in top 25 3 times in 2001-18 (compared to 7 for Utah).
I wasn’t stating GT is a Top 15 program, nor is Utah. If you want to say Utah is a Top 20-25 national program based on their success dating back to Urban, I’ll give you that. GT was a solid Top 30-35 program from GOL through CPJ.

Point is, GT has all the advantages and more based on location alone vs what Utah has going from the P12 to B12 next year. The only drawback to GT is GT limiting themselves at this point.

Whatever happened to the rule about not douching up the recruiting thread??

Mods hungover from night game, possibly injured from being tackled by security after storming the field, incarceration not out of the question.

1698627163127.gif

Mods hungover from night game, possibly injured from being tackled by security after storming the field, incarceration not out of the question.
I woke up at one of y’all’s mom’s. Not sure which one. Curiously, when I called Über, the guy said: “The car is already out front.” I asked how the hell did you know I needed a car - then told him the address?? He said - “Yeah, we know the place - we pretty much send a car over there knowing a call is coming in.”

I woke up at one of y’all’s mom’s. Not sure which one. Curiously, when I called Über, the guy said: “The car is already out front.” I asked how the hell did you know I needed a car - then told him the address?? He said - “Yeah, we know the place - we pretty much send a car over there knowing a call is coming in.”
Although the standing Uber call is familiar, I think it wasn't my mom's place if you still have both kidneys

You guys are pathetic. Kid got to thinking about being 2000 miles from home. ASU and UA are improving. Maybe it’s a better fit. Stop whining.

Ole Miss had a 4 star QB decommit this weekend, guess they should quit too. This is the new normal.
Ten years ago there weren’t this many decommits from the high school kids. Is it all NIL-related or simply the social media whore mongering?

Back