2024 Transfer Portal

We’ve lost two players of consequence from our Def- Kennard and Kenan Johnson, all these other departures so-far were likely told to look elsewhere if they wanted to actually play college football
Maybe, maybe not. I think the coaches were high on Heflin and were looking forward to him developing.
A lot of the ones transferring out were recent signees. It's one thing to have guys who transferred in (Tchio, Etinosa) transfer out again. But for young guys, like the DE and two DTs, I don't know that there was a

good assessment of their potential (the other side of that coin may be we need to take a look at our own evaluating and assessing of potential) because they hadn't been here that long. Some guys do need a little bit longer before the light goes on.
Some of those young DL and the young OL who are hitting the door were signed by this staff. So if they are being told to look elsewhere if they want to play, does that say anything about our evaluation process or our player development process as well?

good assessment of their potential (the other side of that coin may be we need to take a look at our own evaluating and assessing of potential) because they hadn't been here that long. Some guys do need a little bit longer before the light goes on.
Some of those young DL and the young OL who are hitting the door were signed by this staff. So if they are being told to look elsewhere if they want to play, does that say anything about our evaluation process or our player development process as well?
If we're actually telling DL to look elsewhere if they want to play then that says Really bad things for us.

130th in yardage allowed might mean that an entirely new DL and new D-staff wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Ok, so still means a bunch of young players we brought in weren't actually better than that now and aren't likely to grow to be better than that if we're the ones telling them to leave.

Also big doubt that we change staff on DL.

Meanwhile at Clemson, Dabo has zero portal transfer in’s and he’s running kids off…

Attachments

• 4C1CC287-82A7-4A11-8A2B-702303F154E2.png
    4C1CC287-82A7-4A11-8A2B-702303F154E2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 218
Meanwhile at Clemson, Dabo has zero portal transfer in’s and he’s running kids off…

I don’t know anything about this situation, but after looking this kid up apparently he is a walk on frosh who’s father was an all-american at Clemson when they won their title in the 80s. I think Dabo is a clown but at first glance this looks more like a dad who’s bummed his kid wasn’t better at football and is taking that frustration out on the coach who threw him a bone b/c of his last name.

I don’t know anything about this situation, but after looking this kid up apparently he is a walk on frosh who’s father was an all-american at Clemson when they won their title in the 80s. I think Dabo is a clown but at first glance this looks more like a dad who’s bummed his kid wasn’t better at football and is taking that frustration out on the coach who threw him a bone b/c of his last name.
Like you I know nothing of this situation. I do know that the father who wrote this used exclamation points. That always makes me suspicious.

sounds like he’s frustrated that Dabo is treating his kid like crap to me

so can these guys transferring in last couple of weeks in theory play in bowl game?

I think that’s the moral of the portal: more misses than hits. For every King there’s three or four nobodies who weren’t playing at their former school for a reason.
Yep. Except I'd say taking portal guys who are proven performers at their current schools, even if they are G5 or FCS, seems to pay off more often than taking bench warmers from other FBS teams.

I like the Barton guy from Furman for that reason. And we have another one from Coastal Carolina I think. Keion White was from Old Dominion

Back