2024 Transfer Portal

Anyone remember him?

He led the 49ers (the college ones, not the pro ones), with 96 tackles and 3 INTs at linebacker.

Seemed like the coaching staff mishandled him the entire time he was here. Didn't blame him for hitting the portal. He was one I really wanted to see what he could do.

1704148786527.jpeg

Is this a big get for them? He was bad at Clemson but have no idea how he did last year.

He was really good at Oregon State. Maybe pretty good is a better description.
Yea, he was about where you need to be to be a starter. I don't think he could beat out King or Pyron, honestly, at GT, and not sure he could beat out our two incoming freshmen.

Completed 57% of his passes this season. Not exactly setting the world on fire.

D Knight is a great athlete but raw football player. I think he was recruited by Johnson to play QB. He would have been Nesbitt 2.0

For LB he needed to play at a lower division to learn the position. Good for him.
Yep. A lot of potential at LB but that’s a better level for him. Could have been really good if he started there and then transferred up instead of the other way around.

Tweeners are always tough. Sometimes they work but unfortunately for @05GTCorndog size matters.

Is he in the portal or is this just a "guy playing good at Charlotte"?
He's back in the portal
Think the odds are long on him coming back. But LB is a position of dire need too.

I was thinking while walking. We have LB problems because we had no one that grew up with us to slide into the holes. We got a lot of LBs and WRs in the portal but the difference was out 2 best WRs were home grown. I don't know the exact stats but I consider Rutherford 2nd best.

All we have to do is patch the LBs one more year and make getting a stud LB priority #1 in 2025 recruiting, We had freshmen no öööö starters this year, we could do it there. Then it is like having a real ace pitcher in your rotation - everybody else is bumped down a slot and the whole LB rotation is different.

I wonder if the pair we have that graduated last year were equally dominant or if one made the other significantly better. I have no opinion.

I do think Tatum was our biggest loss in the portal so far because I don't see another one of him yet. He was sideline to sideline vs. Syracuse. If nobody else wants him Syracuse should - he looked like that #45 from Kansas when they beat us about 15 years ago.. Maybe he will rebound back like the RB.

Yeah, he came in to play QB, got caught in the transition and moved to LB. Showed some flashes, then got moved back to QB just to be a warm body. Good player.
lol yea. Genius move by Collins to take a contributor on D/ST and move him to be QB4

Back