2024 Transfer Portal

I'm hoping we have been clearing space knowing some of these players would be available.

So what is the reason that a lot of these guys enter the portal? Other than the obvious ones like more PT, closer to home, new coach, etc.

When I see a bunch of starters at top 10 programs (e.g., Bama) hitting the portal, why?

NIL cash.
Fine but he will likely make 700k-1m as a "CFB free agent" which is still less than a NFL 3rd rounder in signing bonus $. To me, transferring and risking less production and dropping to the 5th round is more of a risk than another year at Ole Miss. Just seems short sighted

Fine but he will likely make 700k-1m as a "CFB free agent" which is still less than a NFL 3rd rounder in signing bonus $. To me, transferring and risking less production and dropping to the 5th round is more of a risk than another year at Ole Miss. Just seems short sighted
With a good year he probably feels he could move up in the draft. College football players bet on themselves a lot.

So what is the reason that a lot of these guys enter the portal? Other than the obvious ones like more PT, closer to home, new coach, etc.

When I see a bunch of starters at top 10 programs (e.g., Bama) hitting the portal, why?
I’d say the C for Alabama was asked to enter the Portal based on his inability to snap the football correctly in big games. They escaped Auburn (because it’s Auburn) but could not against a much better team in Michigan.

The Judkins decision is odd. But has to be 100% NIL. Ole Miss is definitely a Top 10 team next year as of now based on Portal additions.

From what has been reported, Etienne left UF for uga, for 2 reasons. NIL, chance to win.

Perhaps Judkins graduated and wants to pursue his intellectual interests before entering the crass world of pro sports.
I looked and it appears he is only a sophomore and has not graduated yet. He is also draft ineligible this year.

With a good year he probably feels he could move up in the draft. College football players bet on themselves a lot.
Oh for sure he believes that and it is valid. But with the way runningbacks are being selected these days, I dont see him cracking the first 45 or so picks.

Parlaying a solid season into a free-agent payoff.

money-money-money-make-it-rain.gif

Back