2024 Transfer Portal

CFB is reaping what it has sowed. .. ridiculous.

In 5-6 years there will be enough data to show that the vast majority of highly valued players switching teams via the portal end up with less PT, lower performance and/or lower draft ratings compared to where they were. Schools will be able to use that info to convince most to stay and things will settle down. Only the creme of the crop, those solely motivated by $ or those processed by the school will move.

In 5-6 years there will be enough data to show that the vast majority of highly valued players switching teams via the portal end up with less PT, lower performance and/or lower draft ratings compared to where they were. Schools will be able to use that info to convince most to stay and things will settle down. Only the creme of the crop, those solely motivated by $ or those processed by the school will move.
Nothing will organically change because 99% of players will continue to believe themselves to be the exception to the rule.

1) They will have to standardize the transfer portal. What is happening to Bama shows the folly of having different timing for different schools.

2) I expect long term there will have to be contracts of some sort. Programs and coaches hate the uncertainty that comes with wide open transfers.

1) They will have to standardize the transfer portal. What is happening to Bama shows the folly of having different timing for different schools.

2) I expect long term there will have to be contracts of some sort. Programs and coaches hate the uncertainty that comes with wide open transfers.

Agree with #2. Only way the put the cat back in the box is to make them contracted employees with conditions. NIL won't go away for them, so that's a nonstarter, but it will reduce the every growing free agency that's only going to continue to get worse.

Of all the teams in the universe to feel sorry for as a victim of the transfer portal, Alabama is the least of my worries. öööö Alabama. Jahmyr Gibbs says hi, mother ööööers.

Of all the teams in the universe to feel sorry for as a victim of the transfer portal, Alabama is the least of my worries. öööö Alabama. Jahmyr Gibbs says hi, mother ööööers.
Don’t feel sorry for them. That wasn’t the point.

I got a ticket one time for parking in a fraternity house yard for a basketball game over Christmas break when no one was on campus.
Tell us about the time you accidentally parked in the Theta Chi pool.

That’s because it would never start.
Nah, ran perfectly. You just had to fall into it to get in and the preferred method to get our was to fall out onto the ground. Low vehicle. It could be annoying to be in traffic and be able to see literally nothing but the taillights of the car in front of you, even if it was a Camry.

Back