2024 Transfer Portal

Would she start for McEachern boys team?
I don’t know about a physical sport like basketball, but in my day, I had a good friend who was a teaching tennis pro and one of the better players in Atlanta. He was asked to play a warm up match with Chris Evert, who was in town for some reason. Evert drilled him 6-0, 6-0 in about 45 minutes.

Clark’s game reminds me of Pistol Pete more than any current male player I can name. She shoots from 35 feet in, rebounds, is great in transition, handles the ball well, and makes incredible passes. She is really fun to watch.

I don’t know about a physical sport like basketball, but in my day, I had a good friend who was a teaching tennis pro and one of the better players in Atlanta. He was asked to play a warm up match with Chris Evert, who was in town for some reason. Evert drilled him 6-0, 6-0 in about 45 minutes.
She's been battling cancer, I believe. Hell of an athlete. People who are good at tennis can run your ass to exhaustion on the court.

Clark’s game reminds me of Pistol Pete more than any current male player I can name. She shoots from 35 feet in, rebounds, is great in transition, handles the ball well, and makes incredible passes. She is really fun to watch.
Fun maybe, but on the biggest stage, when everyone's watching, how good is her ball-handling when her mouth is full?

I saw an old Chris Evert/Navratilova match a few months ago. Neither one of them was anywhere close to overpowering, especially compared to today's ladies.
Same for McEnroe/Borg/Connors. All precision and consistency.

I saw an old Chris Evert/Navratilova match a few months ago. Neither one of them was anywhere close to overpowering, especially compared to today's ladies.
Same for McEnroe/Borg/Connors. All precision and consistency.
It is the same for CFB. I have the program here in my office for the 1971 Peach Bowl. Our biggest player was Brad Bourne at 245 lbs (DT). Ole Miss's biggest player was a 240 lb DT.

Buford could travel back in time to 1971 and annihilate either of those teams

It is the same for CFB. I have the program here in my office for the 1971 Peach Bowl. Our biggest player was Brad Bourne at 245 lbs (DT). Ole Miss's biggest player was a 240 lb DT.

Buford could travel back in time to 1971 and annihilate either of those teams
Yea but what about the time space continuum?

He wouldn't be 230 if he lived back then
Time travel. I go back and make a bet with the best team in CFB in 1971. I then take our HS state all star team in the way back machine and play that college team. My OL averages 290. My DT's are 300. My LB's are 220-245. I have 6'3" WR's who can run like gazelles and can move like acrobats. They have no answer.

So maybe 8th on our men's team depth chart?
Hard to say. She shoots better than all our players, but it's a smaller ball. I'm curious how her shooting would translate.

Regardless, the "would only be a mediocre men's player" rhetoric is annoying. The best player on our men's basketball team might be 8th on an NBA depth chart. And the best player on that NBA team might be 8th on a men's Team USA depth chart. If you can only watch the best to enjoy sports, you won't be watching much sports.

Hard to say. She shoots better than all our players, but it's a smaller ball. I'm curious how her shooting would translate.

Regardless, the "would only be a mediocre men's player" rhetoric is annoying. The best player on our men's basketball team might be 8th on an NBA depth chart. And the best player on that NBA team might be 8th on a men's Team USA depth chart. If you can only watch the best to enjoy sports, you won't be watching much sports.
But when a HS boys team can throttle a professional or highly ranked college women's team, that is a bit different. Take them to play McEachern boys and see how it goes.

But when a HS boys team can throttle a professional or highly ranked college women's team, that is a bit different. Take them to play McEachern boys and see how it goes.
About like Pacquaio fighting as a heavyweight.

Women aren't men just like featherweights aren't heavyweights

About like Pacquaio fighting as a heavyweight.

Women aren't men just like featherweights aren't heavyweights
He doesn’t have to justify why he doesn’t like watching women’s sports just like you don’t have to justify why you do.

Years ago my son played on a good JV boys basketball team at a high school with a very good varsity girls team (two D1, non power conference recruits). Those two teams scrimmaged frequently with the girls winning a little more often. Many women’s college coaches have tryouts for a men’s practice squad made up of former high school players to practice and scrimmage. The girls typically win more often, but the coaches like challenging their team to play against physically stronger, bigger and more athletic competition than the second team would provide.

What does this prove? Yes, the men would beat the ladies unquestionably if college varsities or high school varsities played one another. Second, the gap is not nearly as wide as many men would like to think. A pretty decent yet unremarkable male athlete who convinces themself they would take Clark one on one, beat Coco in straight sets, or defeat Rose Yang on the golf course are delusional. The ladies are really good.

Time travel. I go back and make a bet with the best team in CFB in 1971. I then take our HS state all star team in the way back machine and play that college team. My OL averages 290. My DT's are 300. My LB's are 220-245. I have 6'3" WR's who can run like gazelles and can move like acrobats. They have no answer.
This sounds like a “Beer Fest” quote. Lol.

Back